*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322974-The-Lost-Knock
Rated: ASR · Draft · Thriller/Suspense · #2322974
A short story of a boy who is left alone after losing his Mom in the war.3
The day begins with Luke watching his favorite tv show The Morphed Him and His Mom used to watch it all the time. Luke is home alone his Mom was lost in the war, He lives with His Grandma who went to the store to grab dinner, There is a knock at the door and Luke goes to answer the door, he goes for the handle and the knocking continues until the door is fully opened and it stops. No one was there , Luke was confused and a little bit uneasy . He looks around and He realizes He probably is just tired from not sleeping. Luke walks back inside and shuts the door and immediately the knocking starts again "bang bang bang" Luke quickly opens the door and again no one there. Luke is starting to really let fear sink it's claws into Him. Luke shuts the door and the knocking starts again so He ignores it and the knocking got closer and louder. He finally puts on some headphones and closes his eyes He finally got rid of the knocking noises . The music played and He closed His eyes and heard the knock inside his headset the knock was stronger and sharper. He starts to realize the knocking He felt was in a pattern 3 short knocks , 3 long and 3 short again. At age 7 His mother taught Him how to understand morse code. The pattern spells out 'help me' He focuses on the patterns maybe there was more to it but all he got was the same pattern over and over again. Luke looks outside to check if His Grandma is home to His Surprise Her car was in the drive way and she wasn't / He looked around the house and outside to find her but couldn't . He pulls out his phone to call her and the phone rings 3 short , 3 long and 3, short Her phone was left behind but had the same Pattern. At this point Luke is scared and doesn't really know what to do. He closes His eyes and the knocking changed by one sentence "I am not dead son" He thinks to himself His mom is contacting him some how but how and where. He turns off the tv and makes it completely quiet .The knocking became a soft voice saying" I am in the basement" Luke runs down to the basement to find nothing or no one. He replies" Mom where are you " The basement doesn't have a bright light so Luke uses the phone light which is bright and He searched and searched until He found a handle under the shelves it lead to a secret room. He searched around and Didn't find His Mom. The voice said "I am right here" The lights turn off and you hear a big thud Luke drops to His knees and the light shines down on His Mother hanging behind the curtain. The mother whispers " Grandma isn't really Grandma leave before she does this to you " He falls over a chord and hits his head. "Luke Sears wake up you're late for school " He notices the voice is His mom and the dream layed heavy on Luke. He ran down the stairs and gave His mom a hug "I had a nightmare mom you died and the house was haunted and u were talking to me in morse code and saying nonsense about Grandma . She stops hugging Luke and Whispers" You let Grandma get you".
© Copyright 2024 Spectre9six (spectre9six at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322974-The-Lost-Knock