*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322873-The-Investigation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #2322873
my 2nd shot of short stories but my first shot at 3rd person and my least favorite one
Alexander was a man of many talents; he graduated valedictorian of his class and he was also a part of the military, an early retired police officer and now a paranormal hunter and investigator. The day came in the middle of the worst winter in decades when he received a call from an official of the government to look at a mansion hidden from the view of all people in a deep forest for the government has received many reports about this house. Alexander answered the call reluctantly “Hello who is this” Alex asked his voice respectful and calm, “It’s Mr. Ambrosia head of the FBI” Alex was surprised and scared but he regained his composure and answered “is something wrong Mr. Ambrosia” Mr. Ambrosia answered, “No I want your help with something” Alex knew where this was going he has been a paranormal investigator for 5 years “Let me guess you want me to investigate a paranormal site” Mr. Ambrosia answered seriously but with a hint of excitement “Yes sir that’s exactly what I wanted to ask, are you familiar with the House to Hell?” Alex became silent. He has heard about the rumors and the reputation of the House to Hell he personally has never been but he’s wanted to but never found the right moment to so after a few minutes of silence he answered, “yes I have heard of the House to Hell, when would you like me to start the investigation” Mr. Ambrosia answered, “ASAP and I’ll also send in some FBI agents as well as notify the police in the area to launch a traditional investigation while you do your paranormal one deal?” Alex had to hold in his excitement “Yes we have a deal sir” Mr. Ambrosia “Good now I’ll pay you handsomely when your finished goodbye now sir” Mr. Ambrosia hung up the call and looked sternly at some of his coworkers and nods and they head out as Mr. Ambrosia notifies the police in the area. Alex jumps up excitedly and quickly packs what he needs for this will be his biggest investigation yet and when he’s finished he heads out and heads to the police station. Alexander was greeted warmly by the officers and taken to a cruiser and brought to the entrance to the House to Hell. He got out of the police cruiser just as a small and highly trained squad of FBI, SWAT, and police arrived at the House to Hell. The scene was darker than he ever anticipated. Everything went so quiet Alexander heard his heartbeat thump-thump, thump-thump, thump-thump he breathed in sharply and very shakily showing his nervousness for this investigation as the wind blew cold ruffling the leaves and the trees creaked loudly in the silence. As the shadow of the House to Hell descended ominously above them and as the bleak and naked trees casted their shadows above them as they creaked, moaned, and shook in the wind it caused the trees to look alive. When finally Alexander came to grips with reality and he closed his eyes and breathed deeply and sighed as he exhaled it was so cold he could see his breath and he quickly went inside as the FBI, SWAT and police officials kept the area under surveillance as Alexander readied himself for the 48 hours he was about to spend in the House to Hell. He set up his equipment to talk to spirits that presumably reside in the House to Hell. “Is anyone there any spirits or even demons” Alexander said in the spirit box and microphone and there was silence at first but then a response came through “It is us” is what it said “What do you mean us” Alexander said and he got a response as chilling as the first “We are trapped here by our deaths and remember these words Death comes for us all as Death came for us trapping us here for eternity.” A chill ran down Alexander’s back and his hair stood on end and the officials also heard this response and it sent chills down their spines as they became afraid of who or even what presided in this House that earned its reputation as the House to Hell and they worried for their lives. Alexander was worried and afraid for the 48 hours he would spend in this House to Hell would he keep his sanity, would he give in to the chill of death and be trapped here for eternity with these demons/spirits. These are all things he thought out of pure fear and worry for his life. The day went smoothly and without a hitch but when night hit and the moon shone through big and dark clouds things took a very dark and grim turn. Alexander was setting up to go to sleep for his first night in the House to Hell when sounds started happening that couldn’t be explained, the creaking of the floorboards and later in the night it only got worse as the room Alexander was in suddenly got cold even though the heater was on and the window was closed the screeching and low hum of the old rusted metal heater made it really hard for Alexander to sleep as he continued to contact the entities within this House but there was no response as only one word stayed in his head as it repeated itself and that word was Death. The sun rose the next day and he couldn’t stay in the House to Hell any longer and as soon as the FBI, SWAT and police officials arrived as the sun rose he yelled telling them to take him out of there as quickly as possible and they agreed as he entered the police cruiser and they all sped off down the long street back to town and all along the way Alexander told them what he experienced inside. “No wonder the House has earned its reputation as the House to Hell I couldn’t even stay there for 24 hours” Alexander said, it was true he had only been in there for 20 hours. By his words no normal civilian could spend 5 hours in that place. After that no one ever knew what the House to Hell held within its walls except Alexander as he himself witnessed it as the House to Hell was burned to ash and left there to be seen by tourists and even to this day many people still feel who or what resided in this house but only Alexander knew the true past of this house and never told anyone his findings not even Mr. Ambrosia as he promised himself that those secrets would stay with him for the rest of his life.
© Copyright 2024 Thanosfan3906 (austinf6785m at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322873-The-Investigation