*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322400-We-are-just-friends
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2322400
Putting you into the friend zone
Everything I did, I knew I was taking a risk. I wanted to show you that love could be different. I wanted you to open up to me and to allow me to love you. To show you that your past was your past for a reason. I wanted to show you something deep and meaningful.
But you preferred your solitude over me. I wasn’t enough of a spark, to catch your attention and bring you to a connection like no other. All you did was enjoy what I gave you. All my attention was all you lavished. Nothing more.
I now have to learn to treat you like a friend. I can no longer hug you, touch you, nor yearn for you. I have to set boundaries and place you into the friend zone.
Stop telling me you love me. I cannot hear this because it brings me hope. That your “love” would ever be more than friendship.
Stop calling me “my love” because I am not. Those words are sacred to me. Just stop. We are friends, no more, please.
Don’t try to hug me. My hands want to travel all over your body. I have to be platonic.
I need to stop wanting to call you, visit you, just to see you, hear your voice.
I must find those boundaries and no longer want you to myself. You are not. Like I told you, my feelings no longer matter. Even though you say they do. You don’t understand. All that does matter is that I must see you as a friend and nothing more.
© Copyright 2024 Serena Blade (letyv1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2322400-We-are-just-friends