*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184577-The-Spot
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2184577
Three Minute Read
The Spot

Miles strolled over to the warm square spot. This was his favorite time, when the spot stopped right here. It actually moved all the way across the room before it disappeared, plus it changed shape too. But this was Miles’s favorite, just here. Not only was it the warmest, it also fit Miles perfectly. As it moved to the other side it got longer and Miles didn’t fit on it as well. Plus, it wasn’t as warm then either.

Miles was just a kitten when he discovered this spot. He had been with Mom and Dad for a while, but at first they’d kept him in a different place when they weren’t with him. And usually when they were with him, the spot wasn’t here. Mom and Dad went away most mornings, and that’s when the spot would come. And not every day either. Miles always checked! It seemed to be there most on the mornings when the sun was shining.

At first Miles thought it must have gotten lost when it wasn’t there. But after it came back so many times, he decided it just had other places to go. Mom and Dad took him to other places sometimes, it was fun! but Miles was always happy to come home afterwards. He thought the spot liked their house the best too, because it always came back.

Settling down in his lovely warm spot, Miles yawned, his long pink tongue unfurling out, and his entire body stretching too. Then he curled up in a tight ball right in the middle of the spot and fell sound asleep.

Ginny called Tom to the kitchen doorway “Can you bring your camera, Honey? Miles looks so cute curled up there in front of the sofa sleeping in that spot of morning sun.”
© Copyright 2019 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2184577-The-Spot