*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2134615-The-River
Rated: E · Short Story · Supernatural · #2134615
The beginning of a short story about the mystery at a river bank
Down by the river, it was hard to see. Dense fog had rolled in and Ami squeezed Bobby’s hand in fear. She didn’t know if they would live to see the next morning.

“It will be okay, Ami. There’s nothing to be afraid of.” Bobby squeezed her hand as he took a step forward towards the river.

“Why are you going closer to the river? If we get any closer, we’ll drown!” Ami exclaimed.

“No we won’t. We aren’t going any closer. Just chill out.” He kissed the top of her head.

Bobby’s dark hair and eyes enhanced his tall, muscular frame. He towered over Ami, with her chestnut hair with its wavy curls, and her bright green eyes.

She sighed in relief at the idea that they weren’t going any closer to the black waters just a few inches in front of them, but as the fog around them thickened, she was still scared.

The dense forest around them made the waters of Tumoch River seem even more ominous. Stories about the woods and river had circulated around the Tumoch Village – stories of how people had gone to the water’s edge and then disappeared as if they had been swallowed alive by the river.

“Why are we here then, Bobby?” Ami looked up at her boyfriend. She always knew he had a fascination with this place, but little did she know how deep that infatuation truly went.

Bobby never talked about his childhood – a past that he would just as soon forget. People in the village didn’t know just how deep his fascination with this particular spot next to the river went – or that in this exact spot, his mother had given him life – at the cost of her own. And no one knew why.
© Copyright 2017 Rhoswen - Relentless Victory (bray2015 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2134615-The-River