*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113633-Shadow-Walkers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Supernatural · #2113633
Can Harlee save the Shadow Walkers from Draven and her coven?
Shadow Walkers

Chapter 1


The shadows in the forest feel different today. Different in a way that Harlee just can't put a finger on or explain. She hikes and rides these trails frequently and has even camped overnight by herself at times. She has never felt this eerie feeling that someone or something is watching her.

The forest is acreage that is adjacent to her property and is hundreds of acres of forest, river and rock cliffs at the foot of the Smokey Mountains. Her property consists of 100 acres of pastures. Her house, pastures for the horses and cows and a natural spring pond are at the front of the property and the forest is in the back. She and her husband built their house when they bagan their journey as husband and wife. She had always wanted a log cabin, so that is what they designed. Plenty of land, privacy and the beautiful scenery of the mountains. Her husband, Jake, passed away almost a year ago after getting cancer. It was a very hard time in Harlee's life, and still difficult at times. Friends and family have tried to convince her to sell the place and move back to the city, where she would be around people and not be so isolated. She, of course, refused to even give it a second thought. Her home and her heart is right here on this property where she and Jake made her dreams a reality. She knew she would be there for the rest of her life. She loves her country life, raising cows, and having the horses. Her lifestyle is one that some people only wish they had. Her husband left her enough money to live on for the rest of her life, so she didn't need or want anything. Just like Jake, being good to her, even after he has moved on from this life to the next.

Her neighbors, which is about 1 mile away, happens to be her best friend, Desiree. Desi and her husband James bought the property adjacent to theirs when they got married about 1 year ago. Harlee and Desiree have been best friends for about 25 years, and have always been there for each other through the good times and the bad. Jake and James were very good friends also. They liked to go hunting together, then sit around the pool out back and listen to country music and drink a few cold ones, while bragging about how "big that Buck was", that they just barely missed!

Now, whenever Harlee feels like talking, ranting or crying, she will walk down to Desi's house and do just that. Sometimes, they just end up laughing at who knows what, and Harlee usually leaves with a smile on her face!
© Copyright 2017 SilverRaven (tcrotts32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2113633-Shadow-Walkers