*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076854-The-Identity-of-a-Queen
by LaLa
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #2076854
For women who are powerful
This is a cry out to all of the shy, beatiful women who have not witnessed love.

To the girls who are aching to be somebody in this world, and wishing that it will come easy.

To the ladies who do not want anything to be less of what they are worth.

And to the gentle creatures who lie down at night and wake up with the feeling of fleas.



When you stare into the mirror, I wonder if you see a queen.

Do you see the crown that is lightly placed upon your head?

How about the sword that shows your strength?

What about the glow that comes from the eyes that are only noticed by beauty?

If not, then don't leave from in front of that mirror until you do.

The tears that you shed are going to mess up the natural state that you already have in your soul.



This natural state cannot be seen by just anybody.

Until you meet that one who can just stare at you for no apparent reason...

You have not met the person who is not afraid of becoming blind from the glow.



Ugliness and hatred is not born with you.

You have gained knowledge of that trait because of all of the negative opinions of punks.

This is too much brightness for them to take in and love.



Is that why you beg and plea for just a somebody?

Because of the hate in your heart for your past actions that is not like a queen.

You must not have learned that there is more to a queen than her past.

She stands up tall, sword in hand, head held high, stomping towards her future.



My how breath taking your life shall be when you finally realize your strength that you have over many.

Plenty of naysayers and peasants may try to hold you down and have you bowing down on your knees.

If you slip up one day, as you've done before, stand up

Hurry....your crown slipped...

and your sword was almost taken by the one that you have the urge to give your all to.



So, I'm asking..are you ready to stand up and leave them be?

Or are you still wanting to give up your honor as a queen?
© Copyright 2016 LaLa (negonzalez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2076854-The-Identity-of-a-Queen