*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026882-Chimera
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #2026882
A poem I wrote in 11th grade that I've been holding onto a while to share.
The land of opportunity moves to a melody all its own.
Freedom and submission. Amativeness and the platonic side by side with disdain.
Life in process, but, the optimistic choose their own path. Destiny is not their foe.
Click click goes the photographer's camera as he captures more than mere film.
He sees the very essence of the model's soul; only her beauty visible to most.
She herself not only exposes her figure, but, her heart. A pretty face alone?
Yes we can! cry the activists who one day will overcome, broken and beaten down by the machine.
Their voices may be ignored, but, they march on. Viva la revolution.
Live the life! proclaims all the others who have found their undying pursuit. Ordinary and not so much, they have seen the goodness.
America personified.
Chase the dream? They are the dream.
© Copyright 2015 M. Formaldehyde (mbann1ng at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2026882-Chimera