*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2011056-AYOWTAH-A-SONORIST-REBORN
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by limzy
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #2011056
A story based on a powerful empire, one protected by the guardians of the world.
PROLOGUE

1

Footnotes
1 

My tribe has existed for over eight thousand turns. It began with the coming of the savage Persian warriors known as the Firebladers, as they waged wars on civilizations and destroyed many lives and tribes people fled and found sanctuary here on this land. My ancestors Utani of the Africa’s and Arella of Hebrew were of the first to find this land.

With time, more people found this place, people from both far and near, and with them came Maitho, a poor farmer who had fled just in time with his daughter Mukaya. He was deeply wounded and passed on into the spirit world a short time later. Mukaya was left an orphan, but if there was one thing the different people who now lived together had learnt, it was that all they had now was one another and it was their duty to protect their new found home.

Everyone of a good age was trained in the art of combat in the many different ways the warriors amongst them fought. Their skills were unique and deadly but even with that, the Firebladers who were bound to find them someday were formidable and they outnumbered them a great deal.

Mukaya who was now being raised by the people would sit like every other child her age and watch the warriors as they trained, knowing that one day she too would have to fight for her land. When she was a turn older than six she had a dream one night, a dream of night and day, it made no sense to her.

Suns later she had another dream, this time of two spirits, the spirits of night and day, they were her guardian spirits. She had belonged to a tribe that believed in dreams and visions, a people of the Africa’s.

Her third dream was of Arra, the beautiful sound spirit. She told Mukaya that she was gifted and with the gift she had, there was a chance the Firebladers could be defeated but she had to look deep within herself to find it.

The dream was difficult to understand, and so the following sun, she visited the wisest of the people, and she was called Opa. After hearing Mukaya’s story she said to her, ‘If it is the sound spirit that had come to you then I believe you possess the power of sound.

True to her words when the young Mukaya had mastered the art of seeing beyond the visible parts of her being one day, she sat admiring the music of a Harper. As she left when it was over she decided to imitate the music that still played in her mind. She positioned her hands as if she held a harp and as she pretended to play the very same tune rung from her fingers.

Six turn had already passed and yet, the Firebladers had still not come. They say the Spirits made them invisible and as time went by, the Sonorist’s power grew stronger. Anytime there was a problem with the harp, she would create the sound to entertain the audience.

Mukaya grew into a very powerful woman, Utani and Arella had a son and named him Winona and the people lived together in peace and harmony. The sound spirit had not come to the sonorist in a very long time but that night she did and she said to her ‘Evil comes and no sound of this world can destroy such evil, only those from beyond’.

Suns after, the Firebladers came, my people fought well but in the end many lost their lives. The dead were buried and those who survived mourned their great loss. Mukaya knew what she had to do; she had to master the art of manipulating the strongest of all forms of sound, the sounds from beyond. She didn’t know how long it would take but my ancestors would not let her embark on such a journey on her own.

Winona was now a winter and a half old and with the sonorist, Utani and Arella rode away, knowing that they may never see their son again. Mukaya spent two winters mastering the new art, a deadly skill only used when the need arose.

She ended the Firebladers reign of terror when she was twenty turns old. The great battle was fought in the country now called the ‘No man’s land’ where Pellenell exists. The people of Islam, the Christians and the people of the Synagogue fought on her side and in the end sound triumphed over fireblades.

Utani fought well and died with honour just as many of the other fighters. The brave sonorist joined the spirits as well after winning a battle that had been impossible to win before. She was content for she did not die in vain and was now with her father.

Arella returned home with the memory of her one true love, she raised her son on her own and when he was six turns old he too was gifted with the power of sound. He became the second sonorist but his power was never as strong as Mukaya’s. Ever since the time of the first sonorist no female has been born with it, it has been a power of the males.

Now a new enemy has arisen, they call themselves the metalites. I will tell you their story but that is for another time. My name is Ayo-tahan Sun, I am a twin and in my kingdom it is a sacred thing. You can call me Ayowtah, I am the second of two children, and Kar-gah the highest ruler of sound is my father.

My mother the empress Marlaiin passed on into the spirit world just as we were born and we were raised by the royal nurse Farah. Iowa-tahiya Sky came before me, we are both female but I have the power of sound. I am the second after Mukaya and this is my story.





© Copyright 2014 limzy (gurlali at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2011056-AYOWTAH-A-SONORIST-REBORN