*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997524-Prompt-3-Pisces
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1997524
First evening of Summer Solstice brings a Moonstone.
         “Well this day has ended with a mystery” Angela said to Felix, her cat, as she placed cooked fish into his bowl.

         Felix dove into his dinner with gusto as Angela lifted her glass of wine to salute the first sunset of the Summer Solstice.

         “Today is my birthday and only you dear Felix know it and I doubt that you have told anyone.”

         Felix looked up at his mistress with his bright seagreen eyes and replied “Meoow” as his pink tongue wiped any fishy remains from his whiskers.

         Picking Felix up Angela held him close to her face as she took a selfie of her and Felix. “Happy birthday to me.”

         “Felix, you are such a sensitive creature, what do you make of this?” Angela asked as she pulled the moss agate heart from her pocket.  Felix sniffed the stone and flicked his tongue out to lick it. “Meoow” was the cat’s reply.

         Rapid knocking at the door brought her back from her musing.  Looking through the fisheye peep hole she did not see anyone outside her door.  She cautiously opened the door, looking up and down the hallway; there was no one to be seen.  She looked down to see another birthday gift.

         Picking it up she returned inside quickly shutting the door before Felix, a crafty feline escapist, had time to think about darting out the door.  After placing the gift on the counter she poured herself another glass of wine.  It was time to let her intuitive nature take over. The box was the same size as the one left on her desk at work.  The wrapping was festive, depicting many orange and white fishes and the word “Pisces” all over the paper. On top was mounted a shimmering yellow bow.  Grasping an edge of the bow Angela carefully pulled it off the box, set it aside. Next pulling up the flap of the paper revealed the box inside.

         Purring, Felix butted his brown striped head against her hand holding the box.

         “Felix, wait for me to open it.”  She lifted the box lid and a white pyramid shaped Moonstone glistened within the box.

         Once she pulled the pyramid from the box Felix began rubbing his head on it purring louder.

         Angela sipped her wine and thought to herself “this is very puzzling.”  Grabbing a pen and notebook she started to write down what she knew about the two stones.

         Moss Agate promotes the gathering of abundance.
         Moonstone promotes intuitive thinking and healing.

         “Why did I get these stones on my birthday? What does it mean?”
         
(w/c: 433)
© Copyright 2014 GaelicQueen (gaelicqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1997524-Prompt-3-Pisces