*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981246-Book-re
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Lector
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1981246
Boook reRhnheuehe
Alexandre Dumas uses imagery in The Count of monte Cristo many times through out the novel. Some examples of times when he uses imagery are when Edmond Dantes first arrives at the chateau D'If and he his welcomed with a beating by the warrdenquote. The next example is when he final finds the treasure of monte cristo and obtains wealth and power quote. The final example is actually three examples and these are each of the plans he uses to revenge on the three men who had ruined his life quote.
Some of the social issues that shape the novel are racism in the form of slavery, loneliness, and tradition. Slavery and racism shape the novel because Morcerfs haydees fathers benefactor sells her and her mother into to slavery and gives their city to the Turks. Loneliness shapes the novel because Edmond Dante's would have killed himself because of loneliness and despair if abbé faria had not come to his aid. Tradition shapes the novel because it's a French and Italian novel and it uses both French and Italian traditions to shape the story.
The main character Edmond Dante's learns many lessons, but the two many ones he learns are how to stay cool and composed and how to be patient. During his time after escaping prison he stays cool and composed in front of all his enemies and this allows him to complete each of his plans perfectly. He learns how to be patient when escaping from Chateau D' If and uses it when he creates his plans of revenge that take 10 years to come into focus.
One symbol in the count of monte cristo that I thought was very nice is how Alexandre Dumas uses wealth and treasure to symbolize revenge, because in the beginning of the novel Edmond Dante's is the target of revenge because of his wealth and good fortune and towards the end he targets them for revenge and the only reason this is possible is because he found wealth in the form of monte cristos treasure.
© Copyright 2014 Lector (lector96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1981246-Book-re