*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979293-an-opera-play
by shamu
Rated: GC · Script/Play · Educational · #1979293
It is a 500 word article on an opera play known as Tristan and yseult.
AN OPERA ON TRISTAN ET YSEULT BY RICHARD WAGNER.

Richard Wagner's Tristan et Yseult is a tale filled with wild excitement, passion, and irresistible desires of love. It's an inspirational show that leaves the audience mesmerized by its magnificent work of art. It is overwhelmingly sad yet filled with laughter at the same time. It is an eye catching romance and tragedy story told severally but with different variations. Although different authors have created different storylines, the plot and structure remains the same as that of Richard Wagner. This narrative has brought a big impact on the western art and the idea of love.
Tristan et Yseult, a breath taking opera is one of the most glorious operas ever performed. It was popularized during the 12th century by the French medieval poetry and inspired by archetypal Celtic legends. It's about an adulterous love between a knight (Tristan) and a princess (yseult). The play is approximately 2 hours and 5 minutes of captivating dramatic scenes.

Act 1
The beginning is filled with impeccable sweet notes of music and dance routines. After defeating the Irish knight Morholt, Tristan is shown making his way to Ireland to retrieve a fair maiden (Yseult) for his uncle King Mark to marry. On their way, they drink a love potion which makes them to fall in a deep love affair. Even though Yseult gets married to Mark, she and Tristan become lovers as a result of the love potion. They find themselves in love triangle in which they cannot control.
Act 2.
Tristan, King Mark, and Yseult all hold love for each other. Tristan has love, honor, and respect for his uncle who adopted and mentored him; Yseult is grateful for the kindness that Mark has shown her: and Mark is in love with Yseult and loves Tristan as his son. Every night they each have terrible night mares about their future. Tristan's' Uncle Mark finally discovers the affair and decides to punish them: Tristan by hanging and Yseult by burning on the stake.
Act 3.
Miraculously, Tristan escapes and rescues Yseult and the two hide out in the forest of Morrois where they are later discovered by Mark. They both make peace when Tristan agrees to return Yseult and leave the country. Tristan then travels to Brittany and maries a girl named Yseult of the White hands. Later on Mark wounds Tristan with a poison lance while the latter is playing a harp for Yseult. Tristan's' friend Kahedin sets off to find Yseult who is the only person who can heal him. Unfortunately, Tristan dies of grief before the arrival of Yseult and on discovering that she dies of heartache.


Below are the main casts of the play.
Brangian/Morholt, the Irish knight, Brandon White. Kahedin, Tristan's' friend, Samuel Brown.
Whitehands, Tristan's' wife, -Carly Bawden
Yseult, King Marks' wife and Tristan's' lover, -Etta Murfitt
King Mark, Tristan's' uncle and Yseults husband, -Stuart Goodwin
Tristan, King Marks' nephew and Yseults lover, -Andrew Durand
Musicians -Ian Ross, bass
Pat Moran, soprano
Russ Gold, bass baritone
Lizzy Westcott, baritone


© Copyright 2014 shamu (oldskul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1979293-an-opera-play