*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978385-The-Titanic-folk-song
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1978385
this folk was made by my great, great, grandfather, after he survived the titanic.
the sun shone down in its glory, Shone down on the deep blue sea, where the titanic was sinking far out on the deep blue sea.



The captain was lying down sleeping, when he dreamed a sad, sad dream; he dreamed the titanic was sinking, far out on the deep blue sea.



He rose and he called the rich men, he told them to come to life; and save their little babies and also his darling wife.



The captain, he must've been drinking. for he knew that he had done wrong.

He was tryin' to win the record when he let the titanic go down.



before the news reached the homeland the great titanic went down, the women and children and orphans was walkin' all over the town.



The band was at its playing, far out on the deep blue sea. While the titanic was sinking, they played "nearer, my god, to thee".



But while the titanic was sinking they fell down upon their knees, and cried, "oh lord, have mercy! whats goin' to come of me?"



The children was cryin' dear mother, dear mother has gone to stay, But maybe it'll turn to something that'll raise the titanic someday
© Copyright 2014 kylewaite16 (smilie101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1978385-The-Titanic-folk-song