*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953773-Birthdayz
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1953773
My first story, made as a gift to my friend.
Desiree

She shuffled her feet, enjoying the scuffling sound her shoes made as they rubbed against the ground. Desiree looked back up, switching her binder to her left arm, and headed to class. Most of the people in her class were either athletic or popular.. or both. She sighed, putting her binder down on the desk, and sitting down, just as the bell rang. The crowd of students in the corner of the room looked down at their phones, the screen's light covering the face with a white glow. Desiree looked down at her own phone, a Pantech. At least it was touchscreen, she thought to herself, feeling slightly guilty since her mom had given it to her as a gift.

The teacher droned on the domain and range of a graph, and she barely payed attention, still wondering why she was even in Pre-AP. Desiree sighed as she wrote down the variables, sketched the graph, and numbers. She felt someone's gaze on her, but decided not to turn around; not wanting the teacher to get mad at her. The whole class, she felt that gaze, sometimes it would go away, then she would feel the same sensation. Desiree turned around slowly as the teacher sat down at her desk, and saw a guy. Most of the time a girl would be staring at her, since she always read in class, hence the surprise that shone on Desiree's face. Her cheeks went red, and she turned back around, hoping he would look away.

After the bell rang, Desiree hurried out of the classroom as quick as she could, but at the same time, hoping she didn't look like a cat running from a dog.

-First part-
© Copyright 2013 DesireePanda (desireepanda at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1953773-Birthdayz