*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1937655-Freedom
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1937655
When everything becomes too much, we all just want to find a way out...
Three more steps. Three more steps and she would be free.

She could already hear them; her family was telling her how brave she had been, the press and police surrounding her and asking questions.

She smiled and took a step.

Her friend, her best friend... She missed him...  She never had the chance to tell him the truth and she regretted it. However, she knew he would be happier when she was free; when she could watch out for him.
         
She took another step.
         
She was at the end. There is only one more step left... One more...

She could hear people getting closer. She took a deep breath. She closed her eyes.

This was it... This is the end...

The footsteps were gone, she heard the gasps of the people surrounding her. She recognized one voice; her best friend's voice.

“Please...” he said. It sounded very sad. “Please don't do this. I-I know the truth. I found the journal under your desk... It was an accident, Avelyn. It wasn't your fault. Please don't do this...”

Tears trickled down her cheek. She turned around and smiled at her best friend and police. She looked at her surroundings.

It was a beautiful place. She really loved these mountains, they provided a beautiful scenery. And the place she stood...  A small opening in the middle of the dense forest on a rather gentle slope of the mountains.

She looked the people in their eyes. She only saw disgust.

“Sorry...” she said. “I'm doing this for your own good...”

She jumped.

She was free.
© Copyright 2013 wenyigo (wenyigo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1937655-Freedom