*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932883-11
by Notch
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #1932883
(1.1) Series of fiction that follow a troubled girl named Kendra.
Emo. Goth. Depressed. Freak. Fat.

Every single day I wake up to these insults and many more, waiting to hurt me.

I just want to be normal, I want to be me.

Kendra, 15, girl.

It can't be like that though, and I think I need to realize that. I've come too far, done too much harm to myself, and others. Not to mention I've probably eaten quite a bit too much along the way.

Shit, Got to go to school again.

---------

I walked up the front steps of the school, pushing open the doors and trying my best to keep my head down, hoping my best friend Sydney was already at her locker, which was only a few down from mine.

"Hey bitch!" Someone called, but I didn't bother looking up, I never did.

Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into the girls bathroom, startled, I looked up, it was Sydney. Thank god.

"I heard that, don't worry." She glared over my shoulder, probably staring at the owner of the insult.

"Don't bother doing anything about it, it doesn't matter." I shook my head and tried to shake her hand off of my arm, but she kept her grip strong.

Trailing my gaze down her arm, and then to her bare arms. No scars. I wish I was like her, nobody insulted her. She was too pretty.

"Excuse me? You know very damn well it matters." She had a loud, serious tone, but I could barely hear her, all I could hear was the pounding in my head, the echo of a broken thump of my shattered heart.

Shaking my head, I tore my arm from her tightened grip, and stumbled out of the bathroom. I wasn't going to stay today. It was 8 o'clock and my day was beat to shit already.

"5 minutes in school," I mumbled to myself, "That's got to be a record." And with that, I threw open the school doors once more, and made my way home.
© Copyright 2013 Notch (notch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932883-11