*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932147-My-Poet
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Poetry · Other · #1932147
Poetry is that invincible voice that yearns to be heard from within and sets us free.
Maiden relish…..
...we sat and stared at each other; from our mouths words hardly tumbled...
...on our brows the memory lingered; of the days when life doth rumbled...
...many days we sat and hoped; for what else may be done but cope?...
...the desolate tunes of broken promises; still made their hums on our scanty moments...
..."to conduct the orchestra", we were told;" you must turn your back to the crowd"...
...in our life`s orchestra, we surely did...but none was there except a tune...
...growing wings of dawning reality, taught us no more to ever dream...
...but here we are still alive; must we be characters in a play we never wrote?...
...to change the author we often thought; but except when our life was but a fiction novel...
...then i considered my days as treasured moments; and cherished each as life will let me have them...
...choosing joy when met with sorrow; and thanking God for a brighter tomorrow...
...counting every hope that life doth sprinkled; into my days, oh how they twinkled...
...and the joy i so much sought; was right there where i never thought...
...we sat and stared at each other; from our mouth words doth tumbled...
...singing praise for every season; for all the pain that this love has humbled...
.....written by Nii Anum; 13/09/12 10:43 P.M.
.....Dedicated to Nana Ama and friends.
© Copyright 2013 vital (markfive at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1932147-My-Poet