*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929949-Tomorrow
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Sunny
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1929949
Just getting started. Going to roll down the road, see where it goes.
It took awhile to get here. I'm not normally the speediest of folk, but I believe I may be stuck in a feed-back loop. And I don't think I'm alone. I keep playing that reel talking about action. You know the one, it keeps nudging me to take that leap of faith. This then leads me to the thought train of my excuses, which include helping, perhaps too much. But it's what we do, we help when we can, especially family, right? When we see a need, and we can, don't we pitch in willing hands at the least? That's what I was taught. Somehow, growing up in the 60s, 70s, it seems that's the lesson I've carried forward. When you can, you help. Even if that means stopping what you're doing at the moment.

There are moments on the national stage that the spirit of helping is played to a huge audience. It gets tons of accolades, and then quietly ebbs away leaving a sense of something lost, something warm and grand that sits vaguely in the back of your mind but is no longer present in the daily grind. The daily life we each live, paying bills, maybe raising a family, can isolate us from that collective view. And then we read something, or watch something, that reminds us, again, we are linked, we are not in this alone.

I believe we each have a story, with hidden agendas, enigmas, lessons, jokes, pains, romances, and mysteries, that could delight the world if they were shared and we'd all be richer for it. I am always curious about the stories behind the actions, the reasons we humans choose to behave as we do. Our stories can teach. Perhaps, if enough of us listen as well as speak, we might make it out of our collective feed-back loop.
© Copyright 2013 Sunny (sunchimes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1929949-Tomorrow