*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1908461-Hppy-Holidays
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by KPPP
Rated: · Other · Other · #1908461
cHristmas Dinner
Snow fled the air as the two newly weds approached their families Christmas dinner. Ted was a little sketchy about having dinner with the in-laws, But his young spunky wife was hyped with excitement. His feet lead him to the open door of his mother in laws miraculously decorated home.
As his perky wife locked arms with her petrified husband, the scent of cinnamon, and a well-spiced ham flocked their senses. The mother of his newly wed wife dazzled them with welcomes. He sees where his wife gets her peppiness’ from. She twists around as they enter her childhood home and brushes the slightly melted snow that coated her husband’s blue swayed car hart. Her father entered the dining room with a smile, introducing his new cooking skills, lifting a charcoaled burnt ham. Laughter arose as the poor older man shook Ted’s hand and repeats a clichéd line “That’s why women belong in the kitchen.” They all chuckle and Ted’s giggly wife gave him a look that meant it’s not that funny as her laughter flocked everyone else’s. Ted releases the clutch of his glasses and stared straight into his beautiful wife’s eyes, and then mouthed the five words that kept there relationship together through all the strained moments. “You know I love you.” Smiles leered through the happy couples expressions as the in laws stared across the room at each other in hatred, thinking to themselves. “I’m so sick of that person.”

© Copyright 2012 KPPP (kppp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1908461-Hppy-Holidays