*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903535-The-Wrong-Turn-In-Life
by Vianey
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1903535
A girl is wanting to grow up fast,and she gets Involved with drugs and ends up in a coma.
“Mom please”, Leslie had cried out. “I’m not a little girl anymore; I just want to go out like any other 16 year old girl ”.
Her mom stood still as she closely looked at Leslie and said, “I know you want to grow up, I get you I was your age to, but now a day. You have no idea how much danger there is out there.”
Ms. White took a step forward to where Leslie was and cried out “I just want to keep you safe, Leslie you are a straight “A” student why are you being like this?” Ms. White looks carefully at Leslie, as Leslie walked away mumbling to herself.
Later on that day Leslie’s best friend, Elizabeth came over.
“Ugh, I don’t know why you put up with her Leslie,” said Elizabeth.
As she walked to Leslie’s bed.
“If I was you I would have already been gone, especially with a mother like her.”
Leslie looked at Elizabeth and said,
“I know, but what would my mother do without me ever since my father passed away she’s not the same.”
Elizabeth rolled her eyes and said,
“So! She can take care of herself. Look Leslie your 16 it’s not normal for a girl your age to still be stuck in her room playing with some dumb bears.”
She paused and then said, “I just want the best for you, and I just want to show you how the world looks out there with all the parties and stuff.”
However, a few weeks passed and Leslie was getting tired of her mom. Right when the bell rang Leslie’s name was called, it was Anthony. Anthony is the cutest person in school, everything thing about this boy is perfect. Leslie was in shock she couldn’t believe Anthony had called out her name.
Anthony had caught up to her and said,
“Um hey, ok so there’s this event in the club this weekend and I was just thinking if you would like to go with me?”
Leslie was speechless and had the biggest smile ever then she stuttered and said, “Uh ummm no I mean yes of course, whenever?”
She had said with dreamy eyes.
Anthony laughed and said, “Your cute, so ok Saturday ill pick you up at 10 .”
Leslie walked out the school screaming “YES!”
Leslie gets home walks in with the biggest smile once again. Her mom is waiting in the living room.
Then Ms. White asks “why that big smile?”
Leslie walked to her and said, “Because I Leslie Amanda De La Rosa got invited to the biggest event in the club with the cutes guy in the whole school.”
Leslie’s mom paused and looked at her then said, “Wow that’s amazing!”
Leslie smiled getting her hopes up that may be she would finally let her go out.
However, right when Leslie was getting happy her mom said, “too bad you’re not going.”
Leslie’s smile when away then screamed, “Ah I should have known you’re always going to be the same old bitter lady.”
Then Leslie walked away. Later on Leslie called Elizabeth to come over. An hour later Elizabeth arrived to Leslies House. Ms. White had just gone to the dollar store down the street, when Elizabeth had got there.
“She told you that”, Elizabeth had quoted.
“Yes and just when I was getting my hopes up she ran then over with a truck”, Leslie commented.
“Well I don’t know what else to tell you” Elizabeth said, “And for not listing to me you’re going to miss out on the fun and the fines guy in school.”
After sometime of talking out things, Leslie said, “Your rights Elizabeth I say we plan are escape right now.”
Elizabeth smile and said, “Ok well get your things and let’s go right now I’ll call Fabian to pick us up.”
“Which Fabian the one down the street?”
“Yes, and he said he’ll be here in an hour.”
After hours waiting, yet Leslie and Elizabeth not were getting sleepy . Finally an hour I Fabian honked. As Elizabeth looked out the window Leslie ran up to her room for her things. Leslie ran back down and when she was closing the door she left a letter to her mother on the table next to it. Leslie stood for a min. thinking about was she was doing.
“Hurry up your mom can come any minute”, said Elizabeth.
Then Leslie ran to the car throw her things in and sat down as Fabian drove off.
“At last you left your house, huh?” Fabian had said.
“Yea” Leslie had replied.
“Ok, so right now were going to Elizabeth’s house, smoke some and then head on to the club”, said Fabian.
“Yea cool”, said Leslie in a low worried voice.
Later on at night they arrived at Elizabeth’s house. Leslie got out of the car more worried than ever. She was shacking thinking about her mother.
Back home Ms. White was outside with the neighbor crying out “my only baby girl is gone.”
Ms. White was crying so loud that she could not hear her own self-think straight.
“Here try it”, said Elizabeth, “if you do it right you can feel like you’re flying.”
“Really?” said Leslie.
As she smiled so surprised about what smoking can do to you.
“Wow” she said.
“Smoking feels good ” as she coughed loudly.
“That’s what I say, I love to smoking and drink ”, said Fabian.
“Well girls it’s time to head out to the club so get ready.”
All the way to the club Leslie and Elizabeth were smoking. When they got there Leslie found Anthony and went up to him.
“Hey Anthony” she said.
“Hey Leslie” said Anthony, “you ready to go in?”
“Of course”, said Leslie.
In their way in Leslie and Elizabeth were sinning. Right in that moment some gang bangers came in and shot Fabian.
“Ah” the panicked girl screamed .
Then the screaming woman starting to push everyone, starting kayos, When everything when off and all you saw was people running and pushing . As Elizabeth was running out an old friend from her pushed in to her and staved her right in the stomach.
“Elizabeth!” Cried out Leslie “no, no, no”.
As Leslie got on the floor to try to help out, herself got hurt. The same girl that got Elizabeth had shot her in the side of her head. As Leslie feel down to the floor the girl ran. After some time of waiting, all you hear were the police and ambulances.
“She’s in the emergence room” the nurse had said.
“She’s in the emergence room?” Ms. White cried. “Is she that bad?” Ms. White asked.
“I’m sorry to be the one to break it down to you but your daughter has been shot in the side of her head and is in a coma.
“I’m sorry, what?” Ms. White said. “Did you say in a coma?” she said hoping she had heard wrong.
“Yes she was found in north Mesquite Club with this other to young people in the ground.” “North Mesquite that’s an hour away from here”, Cried Ms. White.
“Yes, and from what’s been said is that Leslie was with Elizabeth and Fabian”, Said the nurse.
“Yes, those were the ones that she left with”, Ms. White Said.
“Well Fabian and Elizabeth were in some problems with the drug selling, and they send people to get them and sadly your daughter was with them”, said the nurse in a low voice.
Ms. White walked back slow and said
“It was my entire fault.”
“I should have paid more attention to her, if I would have just let her grow up on her own she would have been home save”, said Ms. White learning her lesson and crying.
© Copyright 2012 Vianey (vianmartinez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1903535-The-Wrong-Turn-In-Life