*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1900908-NE
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1900908
..............................................................................
That week was confusing. I had decided seeing Adam everyday was too weird for me since, well, I finally admitted I liked him -only to myself, of course- and it was bringing too much trouble. I had no idea what was I doing at school so I asked Annie to help me catch up. I did my best effort in class and I began to understand everything. It even interested me. Sure, being friends with Annie didn't make the not-see-Adam thing easy but I just limited to say hi whenever I ran into him in the hall or in class. The one class I had with him...
The other people in the group was kinda cool too, there was this girl, Kate that had a wicked sense of humor similar to mine and enjoyed making up stories of the teacher's secret life with me; this guy Tom was pretty awesome too, he just kept doing jokes all the time, but not in the annoying way and I don't know, I liked them all I guess, although I probably couldn't remember all the names yet...
Next week was easier, I knew where all my classes were and I went to the supermarket and bought a bunch of things, I even started to cook my own food. On Wednesday I arrived to my literature class distracted as always, and sat on my regular chair, right in the middle of the room, though it was the farthest to the teacher since the room was half empty. I didn't notice Adam was next to me until I started examining every corner of the classroom, in my usual trance.
-Oh hey Adam! - I said a little too enthused, he just nodded and smiled at me. Then this Tom guy, that was the only person I knew went to that class besides Adam and me, entered the room said hi to me, a bit loud. That was a loud guy. I said hi back and drifted away from the rest of the class. Adam didn't say a word to me. When it finished, I went towards him as he left a little too quick. I almost had to run but I reached him.
-Where you going with such a hurry? - I said giggling.
-Oh, nowhere - he said and started pacing slowly.
-Hey I was wondering... if you would uhmm come with Annie and me to this thing on Friday, with a bunch of classmates of ours, just you know... - that was the first thing I could think of just to make some small talk.
-Yeah, maybe - he was being all cold again.
-Would you like some coffee? It's getting kinda chilly in here.
-Coffee? - he said bemused, as if he'd never heard of that word.
-Yeah, I heard the one in the cafeteria isn't that bad.
-Uh, sure.
Why was he being all weird? We got to the cafeteria and I ordered my coffee, he said he didn't want anything and we headed out. I ended up walking him to his car. We stood there half laying on the side of the car whilst I drank my coffee.
-Is there something wrong with you? - I finally dared.
-What? No... - he looked back at his shoes with the frown he had since we left the class.
-Then... - with my index finger I touched him in the middle of the brows, relaxing his frown. He was cold to my touch. That seemed to relax him and laughed.
-Why are you being nice to me? - he said after a very long pause.
-Wh... what...?
-Why are you being nice to me? - he repeated. I didn't know what to answer.
-Well... because uhmm I like being nice...?
-I mean... weren't you avoiding me? - he said with a louder voice this time.
© Copyright 2012 _nymphet_ (madame_addie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1900908-NE