*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876924-Embrace-Technology-for-Your-Wedding
Rated: E · Article · Romance/Love · #1876924
Many couples are embracing technology to assist with the wedding planning process.
It seems technology is part of every aspect of our lives.  We spend our days at work dealing with emails, blogs and web conferences, only to go home to participate in social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter to communicate with family and friends and find out what’s going on in the world.  Now technology has even infiltrated weddings.  Weddings have long been rooted in tradition and etiquette.  But new technologies for planning weddings and even celebrating weddings are shaking things up.

Wedding Websites

Wedding websites aren’t exceptionally new.  But couples are now using wedding websites in a different way.  Rather than sending out formal printed invitations, some couples are opting to use their wedding website to invite guests to their wedding.  Many of the websites available for couples have options to send out e-vites, accept R.S.V.P.’s, include directions to your wedding venue and provide travel information.  Not only does this save a couple a significant amount of money since they don’t have to get save the date cards, invitations, reception cards, R.S.V.P. cards, directions and menus printed, it’s a great “green” alternative.  It will save a lot of paper and prevent additional harsh chemicals from entering the environment during the printing process.  Some couples may prefer to send out traditional invitations, but still utilize the wedding websites for R.S.V.P.’s and to communicate other important wedding information.

Online Planning Tools and Apps

There are a multitude of sites and downloadable apps you can utilize when planning your wedding.  David’s Bridal has an interactive website called “Dress Your Wedding” which allows you to create your wedding day look completely online before ever setting foot in one of their stores.  They offer hundreds of choices to mix and match, not only for brides, but also for your entire bridal party.  Once you’ve put together the look you love, you can make an appointment at your local David’s Bridal store and try on the outfits you designed.

Live Streaming/Live Tweeting

Many families are spread out across the country or even all over the world.  In the current economy, sometimes it’s just not financially feasible for some of your family members or friends to travel to your wedding if they live far away.  Or, you may have elderly or sick family members or friends who would love to be with you on your special day but simply can’t make the trip.  Technology is making it easier for everyone to celebrate your wedding, regardless of where in the world they may be.

Companies can now be hired to stream your wedding live over the internet, allowing family members and friends who couldn’t make the trip to watch the festivities.  Skype allows a more interactive experience for wedding guests who may not be able to make it there but still want to talk with you and wish you well.  Some DJ’s and  Scottish wedding bands   will provide screens and projection equipment so guests can live tweet during the wedding while other guests read the messages.  People who are unable to attend your wedding can keep track of what’s happening right on Twitter using a pre-determined hash tag or keyword.

Non Traditional Gift Registries

There are many new gift registries for couples who simply aren’t in need of a set of fancy dishes or another set of bed sheets.  Online registries are gaining in popularity where guests can contribute to a honeymoon fund, a new home fund, a baby fund, or even donate to a couple’s favorite charity.  Many of the registries work in conjunction with the wedding website a couple has set up so guests can easily click a link to send their gift from the comfort of their own home.

While many people from the older generations may not appreciate the benefits of wedding technology, couples today have embraced it.  Computers and the latest technology have been part of their lives since they were young.  Why wouldn’t they include the latest technology in the wedding?  These new technologies are a wonderful way to assist in the wedding planning process as well as help to bring families and friends closer together to share in this once in a lifetime event.  Ultimately, it’s your wedding day, so plan it and enjoy it the way you want!
© Copyright 2012 Yvone K. (eventspiration at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1876924-Embrace-Technology-for-Your-Wedding