*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870698-Absolute-Betrayal
Rated: · Novel · Other · #1870698
A woman wrestles with temptation, but the greatest betrayal is not her own!!!
It felt surreal to be sitting here on New Year’s Eve with friends and family as if it all didn’t happen. I could hear the laughter of everyone discussing their New Year’s resolutions. Each voice had a sense of hope for the possibilities that a new year brings - another opportunity to make their lives better than the year before. Not me. I was considering how the past year had shaped my life and how I could possibly pick up the pieces and carry on.
“Damn”. Well there goes the rest of my wine and another designer dress. Upstairs to change, at least it gives me a reason to leave the party and time to think in peace. No one else knew and there was no one I could talk to. It was me that had to figure this out on my own. God, what a mess it had all become.
© Copyright 2012 Andrea Phillips (andreaphillips at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1870698-Absolute-Betrayal