*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855016-Personal-Reflection--My-Public-Speaking
by Jess
Rated: · Other · Other · #1855016
This is my peronal reflection of my public speaking from my speech class.
Speech has never been my strong point but with some training I learned to become more confident and not dread speeches. When we first started this class, I was so nervous to do our speeches I was almost throwing up. The more speeches we did though the more use to speaking in front of the other people I became. I also became much more relaxed. Although my nervousness is not even close to gone, it has definitely subsided. I could improve by trying to keep better eye contact with the class. I think I could also have talked slower and clearer. I could have also tried harder to memorize my speech so I could keep eye contact with everyone. Also if I memorized my speech, I would have a lot less interruptions in my speech from me looking down to know what to say next. I would say a lot less “umm’s” and that would make my speech less distracting. Although it may not seem that I have become less nervous, I actually have. I don’t get a sick feeling when I know it’s my day to present my speech. With this class, I feel like I have learned many tools on how to present a very organized and intellectual speech for the future. I have learned there is way more to a speech then just writing and presenting. It takes a lot of thought and creativity to present a speech that keeps the audiences attention. I feel better prepared for any speeches I may have to do in the future or for a job. I feel that I can present it without nervousness or stuttering.
© Copyright 2012 Jess (jezee612 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1855016-Personal-Reflection--My-Public-Speaking