*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1854699-Sandman
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by PSly
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1854699
Braun discovers the reason behind one teammate's silence. M/M slash.
He couldn't help but stare at the creature before him. Yes,he had heard of a chimæra before, patt lion, part goat, et cetera. He never would have guessed that it was possible for a mythical animal to exist in our world, yet here it was, leaping at him and instilling the thought of "Goodbye, cruel world" in his head.
And then he was saved.

Arms, too strong to belong to a normal human, yanked him backwards, as the lion-goat's paws hit the pavement.
Stars popped in his vision as a sickening crunch echoed in the narrow alley, followed by a yowl, then nothing.
He remembered lying on his back, head spinning.
Cracking open his eyes to see the face of a raven haired man staring down at him with the most beautiful green eyes.
Having to look away from the left eye, larger than the other, and always looking down.
And the mystery man helping him to his feet, and asking about his name.

"R--- Braun, of the Walton city police."

"Xos, of the Anti-Monster Society."

From that day on, Braun's life was never the same.
He learned about how monsters of myth and/or legend appear when mental energy is focused upon it.
How they coalesce in Walton and roam the streets at night.
He met the others members of the A-MS, and being invited to join their troupe.

Now, he laid on his back, staring at the chimæra-decorated fan, and thinking of Xos. He had tried to make friends with the man by giving him gifts wrapped in vertical, black-and-white stripes that matched his suit.

Xos recieved them without a word.

"He never speaks with me," he had complained to his sister, unofficial leader of the group.
"I try and try, yet he never gives a damn about me!"

"He dosen't talk to anyone," she replied softly.

"He admitted to me that he endured terrible trauma. And he just dosen't like you."

Braun gave up at that point, but still wondered about Xos's private life.

And so he rose from his bed and tiptoed down the hall to the younger man's room.

"Hello-o Xos!"

He rapped on the door, then walked on in. Xos was just undoing the single button on his jacket as Braun strode up.

"Here, let me take that off for you."

He began to undo the thickly striped tie, but froze when he saw the look Xos was giving him.

"Put it down. Right now."

Braun absentmindedly let it drop to the floor, not thinking anything of it.

Xos did, though.

"Nani-o shimasu-ka?!" he roared, temporarily losing his grip on English.

"My father spent years of time to get me this suit! That tie is pure silk!"

He pointed at his chest.

"And this shirt, too!" he angrily (but carefully) removed said shirt, and practically lunged at Braun.

"He personally bio-engineered silkworms to make black silk. This suit was hislife!"

Xos removed his belt, towering over Braun with murder in his eyes.

"And you... you throw it on the filthy floor."

"I'm sorry..."

Braun had meant to say "I can understand your frustration, but I really think" et cetera, but the fight was driven out of him. Xos raised his arm to strike, and Braun's hands went up reflexively.

And the blow never came.
© Copyright 2012 PSly (pinkiesly at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1854699-Sandman