*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843679-Drawing-a-Diagram
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ~MM~
Rated: · Other · Other · #1843679
Break down of a story for EWW
Synopsis of story:
Shadowsail spaceship crashes onto Parvane.  Survivors are out of reach of beam-signal and strained on the uninhabited Northern Continent.  An unknown fever is killing them.  Lt Tarnic & his unit attempt to boost the signal.  In the process, Tarnic loses his unit & begins suffering from fever himself.  He is rescued by an alien amphibian, Lok’yi, and taken to Lok’yi’s lair.
The ‘phbians are able to cure the fever, but they are being hunted by the inhabitants of the Southern Continent; heading the hunt is Core Military.  Tarnic desperately wants to join CM.  However, because of his affiliation with the ‘phbians, CM begin hunting Tarnic & Shadowsail survivors.  Tarnic initially resents, and then loathes, the hunters and with it CM; he no longer burns to leave The Fleet and join CM.
The lack of verbal communication amongst the ‘phbians cause naturally taciturn and reclusive Tarnic to genuinely miss human companionship.


Sketch of Central Character:
Tarnic is a lieutenant with the mercenary band The Fleet.  He is sent as security detail with Brecca, Solma & Verne aboard the Shadowsail – coming from a heavy military background, he has issues with being a merc (considers it second rate).
He is withdrawn and has a tendency to repel others.  He dislikes unnecessary noise and conversation.  His closest friend is solemn Sgt Brecca.  Through the alien fever, Tarnic is required to euthanise Brecca, this causes Tarnic to retreat into his own mind even further. 


Central Character’s Needs & Desires:
Wants to join Military, knows that is unlikely.  Seeks to rise in Fleet high enough to be accepted into Military regardless.
Seeks approval (subconsciously) from mother that Fleet is acceptable alternative to Military.  Wishes could rebuild bridges with sister, but doesn’t know how.
Currently stranded on planet Parvane and dying from alien fever.  Needs to recover, and return to crash site with a cure and a means of lifting off the planet.


Life Changing Event:
Is rescued by Lok’yi and saved from fever.  Manages to save Sara Lee and others from Shadowsail crash.  Time spent with ‘phbians causes him to re-evaluate physical appearance and immediate assumptions as a means of judging others.  He must then choose between helping the survivors and the ‘phbians escape from CM hunters, or attempt to join the hunters in the hope of acceptance into the Core Military.
© Copyright 2012 ~MM~ (miget_mushroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1843679-Drawing-a-Diagram