*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826679-The-Hiding-Place-vs-Among-the-Hidden-Qs
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1826679
The Hiding Place vs. Among the Hidden Qs
The Hiding Place vs. Among the Hidden Questions

1 Do the similarities of the two titles have anything to do with their subjects?

2 Is it likely that there is a common theme, even though the books take place almost a hundred years apart?

3 Among the Hidden is set in the U.S, where laws have been passed to allow only two children in a family. Do you think it is possible for a country as fair and free as the U.S. to fall to meet these standards?

4 In both stories, the 'leader' uses police to force the population to obey him. Why do you think the police are necessary?

5 Why do Corrie and Luke's family decide to help the hunted?

6 Rations and food shortages are a problem in both books mostly for the same reason; the good food is going to the higher class. Is it fair that the upper class should get the good food, even though they have the ability to pay for it?

7 In Among the Hidden, a boy tells the story, and in the Hiding Place, a woman tells it. Would the story be any different if The Hiding Place was told by a man?

8 Does age difference matter when a story is being told?

9 Corrie ten Boom speaks from experience while Margaret Peterson Haddix writes science fiction. Does experience make a difference in telling a story?

10 The punishment for the hidden Jews in The Hiding Place and the third children in Among the Hidden are very similar; they are taken away without a trial and many are killed. Why does death seem to be a common solution?

© Copyright 2011 sabrina (quisilliam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1826679-The-Hiding-Place-vs-Among-the-Hidden-Qs