*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798449-Its-a-dream-in-the-back-of-your-mind
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1798449
people/thoughts
I looked outside my window and saw the rain drops fall to the ground like my thoughts spill down my spine at night. I could see all of them mix together into puddles through the dips in the street. The rain broke apart and fell all the way down but it came together at the bottom. It will be gone by the morning but I will know it was there. Not like people when they leave, no when people leave you start to forget about them and you don't know if everything happened the same way your memory is telling you they did.
Innocence is not an age but an event. A thing that happens to people until they're not allowed to have it anymore. They cross the line and see things they shouldn't see and do things they shouldn't do and all of a sudden they feel very heavy. And they spend everyday trying to not the let it weigh them down but to escape it.
Some days are so eloquent, like when all that matters is that the sun is shining and you are able to breathe. Those subtle moments that are so perfect you don't even realize when they are happening. The moments when you are too busy feeling happy to know that you are.
We are floating objects waiting in anticipation of self discovery and emanicipation.
© Copyright 2011 Katie Regan (katemary89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1798449-Its-a-dream-in-the-back-of-your-mind