*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796398-Red-Wine
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1796398
Love is something you gain, not something you take.
Andie sat at the other end of the room, stroking and running her red nails down the side of her wine glass, filled with her favourite burgundy, smokey wine. Her clear glass allowed her to watch Lee every time she took a sip with her dark, almost black wide eyes, like a cats eyes on the prowl for her prey. Then she candidly licked her lips, causing them to gradually turn a dark red. Her plump dark lips matched her ripped, black, short dress, that showed off her tanned legs all the way down to her crimson high heels.

Lee sat with his arm around Lydia as she rested her head on his chest, she could see Andie looking at him, she didn’t care as she hadn’t done anything yet. Lydia stroked Lee’s chest with her soft, silver painted nails, looking up at him with her golden eyes. Lee looked down at Lydia and smiled, he thought she looked beautiful in her glittery white dress, that sparkled in her eyes. Her silver wedges made her seem so pure along with her natural makeup, which only consisted of a brush of mineral pearls on her round cheeks and a stroke of light pink gloss on her perfectly formed lips.

Andie walked out of the room to engulf herself in more of her burgundy wine, intending to get intoxicated, as she did at almost every party, to hide all her flaws and let the alcohol do her talking, so she didn’t have to reveal her true lonely form. She slowly turned her head to Lee and winked, also sending a flirtatious smile in his direction and a fierce snarl at Lydia. Andie flaunted her hips as she walked through into the next room, with a new mission, a mission that she would get Lee. She always got what she wanted. Although getting Lee was just a secondary prize, the main prize came after, this would be when she would have her confrontation with Lydia.

Lydia looked down and thought to herself if Lee even noticed Andie. She was determined not to let it get to her, she knew Lee loved her as she loved him, then she slowly looked up to see his eyes following Andie into the next room. Lydia’s eyes had suddenly changed colour, to a slightly darker colour than her usual golden brown, she could feel a new emotion, that she had never felt before, boil in her blood, jealousy. She had never been a jealous person, although she had never loved a person like she loved Lee.

Lee stood up and turned to face the door to the kitchen where Andie had previously entered, Lydia quickly grabbed his arm,
“Where are you going baby?” She asked casually and calmly.
“I’m just going to get another drink honey, I’ll be back in a minute. Do you want another drink?” Lee asked Lydia
“No, its fine, I’ll come with you, then I can get my own.” Lydia replied with a smile that hid a rush of paranoia and envy.
Lydia pulled Lee by his arm into the kitchen, she would prove to Andie that he was hers and that she couldn’t have him.

Andie and Lee had known each other for quite a long time, but since Lee had started seeing Lydia they had only had few appearances with each other.
“Hey Andie, long time no see. How you doing?” Lee friendlily asked Andie.
“Not bad, and yourself?” Andie replied, without a flutter of her eyelids in sight, she was playing hard to get but Lydia didn’t know this.
Lydia held Lee’s hand as she lent against the kitchen sink, studying Andie’s expression and tone of voice. She couldn’t see any signs off flirting anymore, she wondered if she was imaging it all, if she felt pressured to be perfect, wondering if Andie was more Lee’s type than her. She was self conscious of her relationship with Lee, she was happy and was trying so hard to protect herself from having her heartbroken again. She knew she most have imagined it all, and now felt at ease. Lydia let go of Lee’s hand and went off to use the bathroom, trusting Lee with Andie, she knew they were only friends, nothing more.

When they were alone Andie slid herself closer to Lee, she looked at him with her wide black eyes and winked, speaking the words “I wont tell if you wont”, in his ear, running her hand down his leg and then up again, she ran her red nails through his hair and toyed with him for a moment, Lee seemed hypnotised in her presence, an evil sorceress and he was under her spell. She refused to wait no longer, as Lydia would bound to be down soon and she would have to catch them in the act. Andie loved the drama of the whole situation, she wanted to be caught, so she grabbed Lee’s face and her sharp red nails dug into his cheeks in her claw like grasp, she pulled him down to her level and kissed him violently.

Lydia walked down the stairs, smiling and happy after she had realised she was wrong about Andie, pondering if she should making friends with her. Suddenly the scene in the kitchen made her stop in thought, when she realised who it was she felt sick, she stood there not knowing what to do, or where to go. Andie caught Lydia still and staring at her kissing her boyfriend, Andie gave her a sly wink and an evil grin, then like she hadn’t seen Lydia at all she pulled away from Lee and made a complete scene, like she didn’t know what she was doing and that she was just an innocent victim under Lee’s vicious trance.

The moments after went all so fast. Lydia ran over to Andie, she was full of rage and her defensive side was coming out, she was protecting her love for Lee. They say love can make you do crazy things; Lydia slapped Andie with force she never knew she had in her, she felt a sudden rush of regret and didn’t like what she just did as it wasn’t in her forgiving nature, but then she knew she loved Lee so much she would do anything to keep him. Lydia slapped Andie again across her other cheek, then returning the favour Andie punched Lydia in the face and laughed.

Both girls were on the floor now fighting for the thing they loved, collecting quite a crowd from the guests of the party. For Lydia it was Lee, she loved him more than anything in the world. For Andie it was her sexuality, she loved to feel in control and to get whatever she wanted. Lee was trying to break the fight up but the girls continued, Lydia threw a punch, that even in the most strangest, violent situation, was still filled with grace and beauty. Andie scratched Lydia with her cat like claws and black eyes. Suddenly Lydia realised who she was and pulled away, she wasn’t a fighter and knew she had done enough to fight for her man, he should love her no matter what, and he did. Andie hissed a few words and flicked her dark her in Lee and Lydia’s face, then walked out of the back door.

As the night progressed Lydia was being tended to by Lee, he kissed her cheeks were they were coming up in bruises, Lydia could feel the pain but she didn’t care because being with Lee made her forget. Lee laughed at her and commented on how he didn’t know she could punch like that. They sat in the corner of the room, on a single armchair, Lydia on Lee’s knee, with her head on his chest and his arm round her just like they had done when the night began. They were in love, the perfect couple, they looked into each others golden, soft eyes and they kissed a most passionate kiss that seem to last for years, if happiness had an image it would be that picture of Lydia and Lee in love.

In the back garden Andie lay on the grass, still, silent, alone and intoxicated. Bottles of alcohol lay all around her, seeming to make the shape of a broken heart, just like her glass of favourite burgundy that had smashed when she fell to the ground. She was shattered, the spilled red wine that had become such apart of her now surrounded her; seeping out all of her lies, her pain and the person she was deep down in her soul. Andie would never intoxicate herself again, she would never feel pain again, never feel real love… it was all over now.
© Copyright 2011 Kiss Wild? (swildy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796398-Red-Wine