*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796388-Not-Another-Teen-Vampire-Flick
Rated: GC · Short Story · Dark · #1796388
Are you bored of hearing about the 'nice' vampires?
The thudding and pounding in her chest was unbearable; my mouth watered, my eyes raged, my throat felt like it had been coated in petrol then lit into a fiery craze and my whole body was uncontrollably shaking. The only thing stopping me getting too her was these bars. She sat in the cell opposite me on the tiny bench in the corner with her head in her hands, pushing her thick dark hair back, which made it easier to smell her appetizing scent, this annoyed me. I repeatedly banged my head against the wall behind me as hard as I could, it wouldn't do me any damage; just occupy my mind with something different for a while. This was a complete screw up on my part, I wouldn't be in this mess if I had eaten and got my persuasion skills up to par.

I was hungry, starving in fact, but I was too weak to fight for my escape, I just wish I could turn the hunger on and off. Every instinct in my vampyre nature told me to rip open both set of bars and head straight for that heart, shred open her chest and pull it out with all my force. However every instinct in my human body told me to shut up and be patient, after all I was drained and had no energy to do anything. They say survival is the most important thing in any living thing, although I wasn't living I wasn't dead either however it may end up that way soon. I was a human and a vampyre, yet I wasn't either at the same time, in all the movies and books this process is over in a few days, mine has lasted a year now.

My mind switched to the pain rushing through me causing me to let out a torturous scream and kick the wall.
"You alright?" The woman's voice echoed behind me, suddenly.
I ignored her and continued to attack the stone wall in my cell.
"Oi!, Are you deaf?" The woman called again, this time louder and more irritating.
"Yes. I'm fine." I replied quickly and agitated turning around to sit on the tiny bench in the back of my cell. Our positions were identical. Before her eyes could catch my gaze I moved my head away and stared at the floor.
"What are you in for?" She called across once again.
I sighed. Was this woman intending to piss me off, or was she attempting to make this night in prison less lonely for herself? Because I think I would be more obliged to honour her first aim. I reluctantly answered her.
"I assaulted a police officer because he wouldn't let me get my food." I smiled slightly to myself at what her naïve mind would decipher from that.
"Really, you don't seem the kind of guy to do something like that?" She said, stumbling up from her bench and coming closer to the bars.
"Well what kind of a guy do I look like too you?" I asked, mimicking her accent slightly, however still aware that she was moving closer towards me.
"I dunno, just not that guy. You're kinda cute, you have a rugged look. How old are you?" She was leaning on the prison bars now, her left arm hanging out from one of the gaps.

Her movement caused a draft and her scent spiralled in my direction. I breathed in and absorbed her bitter, tangy scent, she must have been drinking. The 2nd scent of a prey can either make or break your appetite; luckily the alcohol in her blood broke mine, and the burning and raging pain soothed, but only for a while. I must have been without new blood for 1 week now, which is risky for my kind.
"Erm, I'm… 25. Have you been drinking tonight?" I replied, struggling to remember my age and avoiding her previous implication.
"You seem unsure, I think you might have been the one drinking?" She said, slurring her words and moving her hands way too much to suggest she was sober. She laughed then pulled out a plastic bottle, from the inside pocket of her leather jacket. I knew it was alcohol as soon as it touched her tongue. The smell burned my nostrils.
Before I could answer the intoxicated woman, she had fallen asleep on the floor. I hated alcohol in the blood stream; it polluted the taste and gave it an iron/bittery taste. This thought frustrated me as it reminded me I was hungry and the burning increased again, I didn't care what blood it was, but I needed some now. Suddenly the guard came past and shook the bars of the drunken dark haired woman, she struggled to her feet like Bambi on drugs. "You're free to go." The guard said sliding the metal bars across to let the woman out. I watched eagerly. "You too" He turned and looked at me, repeating the same manoeuvre to let me out. I signed my paperwork and I quickly walked out of the police station, in front of the woman.

I waited in the alley a few metres away from the station. Once again my mouth watered, my eyes raged and burned, this time however I wasn't encaged. The only light came from the dimly light station from which the woman stumbled out of. I watched. Suddenly the woman past me and I heard her heart beat fast. I didn't care about the alcohol, I leaped on the woman and dragged her into the alley in a short moment my survival instinct had definitely kicked in now. I knocked her to ground with a single push, thanks to the vodka she was immediately unconscious. My face changed and I felt my piercingly sharp double set of fangs emerged from my mouth from what seemed to have been a lifetime ago. I ripped open the woman's chest violently as she lay on the floor, smashed open her ribcage with my fist and pulled out her heart. My mouth stopped watering when I had the heart in my blood covered hands. The slow last beat of the woman's heart softened my eyes as I began to take my first taste. As I sucked the heart the burning in my throat slowly started to cool and I began to feel my everlasting thirst quenched. Blood dripped down my face and on to the woman's leather jacket, its fine she didn't need it now. My mind strayed onto our conversation that we never had a chance to finish.
"Actually love, I'm not the one who's been drinking… I'm afraid you had my dear." I said as I dropped the dried heart and walked away, smiling casually.

© Copyright 2011 Kiss Wild? (swildy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1796388-Not-Another-Teen-Vampire-Flick