*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1792887-The-Philosophy-of-Life
Rated: · Other · Emotional · #1792887
The color I used in my name at the end shows how I felt when I wrote it. Just so you know.
The Philosophy of Life

Today I was shocked by the intensity of life. So many feelings. So many emotions. And sometimes it all gets together. just like that. Bam. Our whole world turns upside down, and sometimes we don't even know why, or how it happened. But then, is life a complex thing? Oh, yes it is. But do we have to live it seriously all the time? Not at all.
From my point of view, there are no rules. Rules were built by ourselves, so if we aren't good with them, something is wrong. No one is better than anyone. We're all human beings, born on the same planet, sharing the same land and the same air.
But then you say, if no one is better than us, why should we respect them? Throughout the few years I've lived, I learned that respect is something we need to have for everyone, even if it is just for your own sanity. If no one is better than us, then no one is worse than us, so it is the right thing to do, to respect everyone around you. The youngest, the oldest, the poorest,  the richest, and whoever you may find out there.
Our life unfolds the way we want it to. You are the one who chooses your path. You are the one who chooses your words. You are the one who chooses your limits and boundaries. You are the one to define your own rules. Therefore, you can do anything. You can be whoever you want to be. You can follow your passion, being it whatever it is.
So take some time. Have a conversation with yourself, find out wether your rules are willing to turn you into a better person or not. Discover your dream, and go for it. Be the one you want to be, and not the one others want you to be.

Just do it.

-Maria Ana
© Copyright 2011 Maria Ana (mariaanaon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1792887-The-Philosophy-of-Life