*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774760-Sid-Vicious
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Death · #1774760
Was he really Nancy's murderer or was it justice's mistake which led him to suicide?

STILL NOT FINISHED.

On 12th October 1978, Nancy Spungen, Sid Vicious' American girlfriend, was found dead in Room 100 of Hotel Chelsea, where the couple was living.
Let us start from the beginning. Sid Vicious was the bassist of British punk rock band Sex Pistols, after he replaced Glen Matlock. The band was known for its rude antics on and off tour. On stage they puked, sat with the audience and ended each concert they gave in chaos. Off stage they once followed the Queen Elizabeth while singing their song "God Save The Queen" which was eventually banned in the UK.Sid Vicious joined the band in 1977. He didn't know how to play the bass guitar andjoined the band just to strenghten the band's punk image. However, he sson learnt how to play the bass and along with Johnny Rotten, Steve Jones and Paul Cook, they continued to work together as the Sex Pistols.
Nancy Spungen, an American girl from a Jewish family with a history of heroin addiction, tried to hook up with Johnny Rotten. Johnny didn't like Nancy so she tried her luck with Sid and soon ended up in relationship together. Sid was also a drug addict and his relationship with Nancy did no good to him. Rotten himself said that Sid's health condition was getting worse and Nancy did nothing to help him, but made matters worse. The band was not getting along fine either. It was in everyone's black books. Malcolm McLaren their manager, was not in speaking terms with Johnny Rotten. The media wasn't featuring the band in a positive way either. In Januray 1078, Johnny Rotten literally had enough of Sid and chose the final Sex Pistol concert together with Vicious at San Francisco Winterland where he asked the rethorical question ,"Ever got the feeling you've been cheated?"
The Sex Pistols soon disbanded and the members went on their seperate ways. Sid and Nancy started to live in Room100 in Hotel Chelsea and were planning to marry. Disaster strikes and on 12th October 1978 Nancy was found dead in the bathroom of the couple's suite. Nancy was stabbed and the weapon found belonged to Sid Vicious. Sid admitted that they had quarrelled that night but gave several versions of what had happened. At one point he said," "I stabbed her, but I didn't mean to kill her. I loved her, but she treated me like shit", then he also came up with the story that she fell on the knife and dragged her way to the bathroom where she died. Ten days after Nancy's death Sid attempted suicide by slitting his wrists and finsihed up a patient at Bellevue hospital. When he was released from hospital he started to date Michelle Robinson. Sid was then arrested for assaut. According to one version of the story, Sid attacked Todd Smith while others say he broke a mug of beer on Todd's face. The fact is that on 9th December he finished up in jail and was released on bail on Februarry 1st. His mother, an heroin addict herself celebrated her son's return to home by throwing a small party. She also bought some heroin against Michelle's wishes. Sid found the heroin and took a lot of it and had an overdose. That night he slept with Michelle. The next morning he was dead.

Somehow I don't really believe he killed Nancy. He was planning to marry her, and he loved her, he himself said that. He had also written a short poem in tribute to her:

You were my little baby girl,
And I shared all your fears.
Such joy to hold you in my arms
and kiss away your tears.
But now you're gone, there's only pain
and nothing I can do.
And I don't want to live this life,
If I can't live for you.
To my beautiful baby girl.
Our love will never die...

© Copyright 2011 NikKSidV (niksidfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1774760-Sid-Vicious