*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768697-The-Earthbound
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1768697
The angel Penemue must stop a grim reaper from completing a devious plot against Heaven.
The Earthbound


He stands alone far from his home in a dark cold The past a plight he can not run from. An outcast in Heaven, outlaw in Hell, he walks amongst those who barely believe in his existence. A lone angelic being serving the Creator as the protectorite of humanity. He is the angel Penemue!

Harold as a champion during the angelic Battle of the Creator's Throne. So many of Heaven's sons' bodies were stripped by his sword. Later Penemue and the Order of Grigori fell from grace. When the majority of the order abandoned their responsiblity over the evolving race known as man. Instead they chose to corrupt mankind with their seed and forbidden knowledge. Their wings ripped from the backsides the Grigori were forced to live countless mortal lives among mankind. Minds left with a void of memories past. Souls tormented by Heaven's revenge. Till the memories returned and an army of the fallen assembled. A hero was needed to fort the uprising. Resurrected by those who wrongly convicted him, the angel Penemue returned to an angelic state. The fiery sword of Penemue cut through the mortal army like Moses through the sea.

Now a hero again he serves the Creator through servitude to mankind. Strolling along side the ignorant he lives in anynouminity. Waiting for the call to action. It will be a short wait for the Champion of Heaven.

Towering buildings block the harmonic vision of the birds dancing before a baby blue backdrop, but not the golden glow of the sun. The warm sun massages his shimmering bald head. The folicals plucked from his scalp by regret of so many bloody transgressions. Transgressions that fade away on such wonderous days. A warm breeze brushes against his weathered brown duster. Ondulating with the wind the duster conceals his true identity.

Gallops of the bustling feet, from the crowds that populate the city, fills his ears. Unaware that the cloaked figure does not share their origin. Obnoxious blares from a New York City taxi cab draws his face from the caress of the morning star.

Penemue's charcoal eyes gaze over at the obstruction causing the chaos with the impatient travellers. A bizzare sight fills the city dwellers' eyes. Walking straight through the busy avenue, strolls a figure hidden beneath a red hooded tunic. Gracefully the hooded stranger walks toward Penemue. Gently raising his hands the stranger's thick fingers glide beneath the hood. Unveiling his face he combs his long flowing hair with his fingers. The burning red hair drifts with Penemue's swaying duster. Silently the two stand face to face. Penemue's stern mouth cracks open.

Penemue groans, "Brother Satan."

"Oh brother Penemue," deviously smiles Satan, "Why such a warm reception for your devoted kin?"

"Devoted," he snaps, "You failed to obey our father. He asked for a pledge of allegiance after the great betrayal of our once favored brother. A simple gesture, and you refused!"

"I do not hesitate to pledge myself to our Creator," he argues, "But I refused to bow to Adam and still refute an allegiance to the Sons of Adam."

"And without prejudice I pledge myself to mankind," barks Penemue.

"Then we have reached an impass," the redheaded angel exclaims.

"Since we have already established this impass," he ponders, "Why brother, do you stand before me?"

"Family," he boasts.

"Family," questions Penemue.

"It seems our disowned brother Lucifer," explains Satan, "Has lost Cerebus, the mother of the hell hounds."

"What does Lucifer's lost dog have to do with me," he crudely asks.

"Its not the dog you have to worry about," he states, "The incurssion of the reaper Ahab into the realm of Earth is."

"Ahab is lurking about Earth," the concerned hero mutters.

"Yes," Satan confirms, "And his trespass can prematurely launch the Dark Empire of Hell and the Kingdom of Heaven into a full scale war."

Leary of Satan's motives he asks, "Why? Why would the Prince of Inqusitors, Suprme Judge of all creations ask me to intervene in our family's matters? You already clearly declared your lack of loyalty toward mankind."
© Copyright 2011 J M Ronk (jronk13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1768697-The-Earthbound