*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762246-Online-Portfolios
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1762246
This is a description of an online portfolio and its usefulness in the online classroom.
Online portfolios are a wonderful tool to showcase student work. I believe that writing.com offers a wide variety of options for students to show their growth in their writing throughout their high school careers. Because this is an online portfolio, it can travel with students as they go throughout high school and into college. In addition, writing.com offers students the opportunity to chose their own work to display, but they can also have other options, such as polls, images, madlibs, etc. This is not a traditional portfolio, nor should it be. Online portfolios are an exciting advancement for our students and we should take note of their usefulness in our traditional and online classrooms. Students and teachers should work together to select items for the portfolio. These items should showcase student growth as well as a students range of ability. As you explore this website, I encourage you to sign up for a free account as it will allow you to see everything it has to offer our online classrooms and our students.
© Copyright 2011 kbradley (kbradley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762246-Online-Portfolios