*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761408-Austrian-Debacle
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1761408
Is there such thing as dancing too hard?
All my friends had booked the trip early and got into this one hostel.  I however arrived late and had to stay at a different hostel.  So I go into my room with about eight other beds and no one is there.  I put my backs on the top bunk and meet my friends at their hostel to gather for our night out.  We went wild and danced hard.  Their was this platform at the top of a bar big enough for about four people to dance on.  Through the mix of adrenaline from everyone cheering and the alcohol, I danced hard and then I felt some fabric tear.  I looked down at my parents and didn't see any noticeable rip in my khakis.  No harm no foul.

When the night was over I headed back to my hostel and went to my room to find two new girls staying in my communal room.  I chatted them up a bit and found out they worked for Peace Corps in Romania or something eastern european like that.  I asked them that since I had no alarm and since I wanted to eat breakfast, if they could wake me at eight in the morning.  They agreed.

In the middle of the night I noticed on my trip to the bathroom that my underwear was the fabric that ripped, but because I was too tired to remedy this situation by changing boxers, I just went back to bed.

Early in the morning I felt a cold wind brush upon my bare bottom.  I felt the wind because my sheets were hanging only onto one half of my body and the 'ass' portion of my body was the other, uncovered half.  I woke up not because of the cool breeze sensation on mybare ass, but because my body had responded to the tap on the shoulder.  It was the Peace Corps girl waking me for breakfast.

I woke up and met them for breakfast as if nothing happened.

I can't remember now if it was something I had thought about when I woke up or after we had breakfast, but I did come to the following realization:

When I awoke, I felt the tap and heard the girl say "it's time to wake up," and then I saw her quickly scurry to other friend who was waiting outside the door.  It occurred to me that she probably needed some great courage to come wake up this half naked sleeping beast.  It occurred to me that she probably had to play rocks paper scissors shoot with her friend to determine who would wake up this creepy American who was sleeping naked.

I really wish I had gotten their email address or something or even asked them in person if they thought I was that 'weird dude who slept naked in hostels'.  I am pretty sure they thought I was a creep and never would be able to fathom what actually occurred.  If I were them I wouldn't honestly believe my story.  Even though they are the most optimistic, idealistic people in the World; Peace Corps volunteers.
© Copyright 2011 notuckermax (notuckermax at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761408-Austrian-Debacle