*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758029-Cartoon-Cat-Girls-of-Acme-University
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Comedy · #1758029
This story is a mixture of looney tunes fanfic with made up characters by me!
Chapter 1
Vicky

“Ladies and gentlemen, let’s give a warm welcome to Miss Victoria Pussycat!”
The audience applauded as I was heading toward the steps of the stage. My dad, wearing a nice black suit, was near the steps waiting to help me on the stairs. “You look very grand Vicky!” Dad said proudly as he was helping me on the old and creaky steps on the stage.
“Thank you Dad.”
I was wearing a long, elegant, sleeveless red dress with sparkling rhinestones.
“You know, this is the first time in years I seen you wearing a dress.” Dad said quietly with his characteristic lisp.
“I have worn dresses before-”
“Watch your step!”
If Dad didn’t warn me, I would have honestly trip and fall flat on my face. That’s one trait that me and Dad share. Clumsiness. When we finished going up the stairs and was near where the microphone was, Dad let go of my arm.
“Go get ‘em girl! Me and the family we be cheering for ya!” Dad was now behind the curtain peeping his head out.
Now I am at the microphone. Now I am waiting for the music to turn on so I could start singing. While I was waiting, I spotted my family in the audience. My mom spotted me right away and waved at me, smiling. Sophie and Junior also spotted me. Sophie also waved and smiled. Junior rooted for me and blew out an air horn that the whole audience heard. Mom scolded at Junior.“Typical Junior.” I thought. “Not only he and Dad look similar, but they also act similar too.”
I also spotted Dad’s friends from his show and my friends near wear my family was. A couple of them spotted me and waved.
Finally the music turned on. It was one of those few R&B songs that I actually knew the words to and liked. In general, I am not a fan of R&B because it’s too slow, somewhat boring beat, and the subjects and themes are repetitive. (No offense to you R&B fans out there.)
Once I quietly checked my pitch, I started singing the lyrics:
“And you don’t have to make your mind up
I just wanna take my time with you”
While I was singing, I swung my hips left and right to the beat. I wanted to make my performance more interesting and fun. I could tell that the audience was enjoying this by hearing the claps to the beat. Getting bolder, I started to twirl a little while I was still keeping up with my pitch and singing.
Before I could enjoy my performance, I heard Dad saying loudly, “Vicky! Look out!”
“When my mind void, you’re my joy- AAAAH!”
Dad’s warnings came too late for me this time. I didn’t realize that I was near the end of the stage until it was too late. Stupidly, I kept twirling and twirling until I lost my footing and fell on the top of the stereo below. Some of the audience gasped. I’m sure that my parents, siblings, and friends were both horrorifed and embarrassed for me.
When I finally got up and recovered myself, I didn’t have any bruises. Unfortunately, my dress wasn’t so lucky. The bottom part of my dress was torn up. I also noticed that my tail was a little crooked. When I was starting to fix my tail, I hear a familiar voice calling me.
“Vicky! Vicky!”
I knew it wasn’t a family member’s nor a friend’s voice, but it sounded so familiar. As I was looking for the source of the voice, I felt someone shaking me gently.
“Vicky, it’s time to get up!”
“Huh?”
“You have ten minutes before your class starts.” Leilani said politely after she stops shaking me.
“Oh crap! I must have forgotten to set up my alarm again!” I said quickly as I ran toward our bathroom to get dressed.
Leilani is my dorm roommate. She’s a slender Siamese cat of medium height with blue eyes. Unlike the other Siamese cats I knew and heard from past conversations, Leilani is quiet and reserved most of the time.
After I got dressed and packed up materials for my two morning classes, I thank Leilani for waking me up.
“No problem. I didn’t want you to get behind or to get kicked out!” Leilani said as she was on her desk looking up from a book. She had some free time since her first class starts at 11.
As I was on the elevator with some other late folks, I thinking this is going to be one of those another typical boring day. Too bad that being a singer on stage was just a dream.
© Copyright 2011 LadyMaria (ladymaria at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758029-Cartoon-Cat-Girls-of-Acme-University