*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727561-Secrets-Awakening
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #1727561
no body can understand the ways beyound simple human comprehension.
It was the last full moon of the year. The Wolf Moon, they called it. It was yellow and hanging low in the sky. The city was quiet. There was little sound of the traffic and every one was asleep. Both dead and alive.There was no activity sturring any where. Even in the creepy places under the streets were strangely quiet.

Down below, secrets lay untold. Most of them forgotten through out time. The secrets of the sewer gator nd mutated lab rats were all fiction and fair tales. No one really knew what lay down in the darkness. When the moon light found its way through the cracks, something moved.

It shook itself awake and moved very slwoly as if it was ancient. It stood up, opened its eyes and then burst through the pavement above its head. Its body was as black as the night itself. The moon made its scales look silver. Its eyes were a burning crimson red. Its tail was nothing but bone, a deadly weapon against its foes.

It crossed in front of the moon, showing its massive wings. They were as black as its body. Giant claw like fingers come out of each end on the bone. It was flying at such a fats pace, that it looked like a blur going across the night time sky. It flew from city to city with great speed. Crossing over New York, Los Angeles, Honolulu, Tokyo and so fourh.

When the first signs of the sun began to shine, it flew back to its home city. Ducking below the streets and slipping into the darkness. When the sun was fully up, its light crept into the cracks. illuminating the underground world. although, the massive beast still managed to stay compltly hidden with in the darkness.

It shut its eyes. Enwrapping iteslf into the secrets only known to itself. No other living form knows what this creature is and what knowledge it keeps hidden away in its mind.
© Copyright 2010 Chancer (moonfreak7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1727561-Secrets-Awakening