*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722038-In-The-Gray-Sexuality
Rated: 13+ · Column · Educational · #1722038
A blunt observation on how someone can love others for their heart and not their anatomy.
I like women….

I like the way they laugh; the inevitable follow-up to a heartfelt smile. That smile leads to the, you make me feel alive and everything is right in my world, laugh. Oh, what a beautiful sound it is.

I like the way they dress. Versatile in the possibilities of cute and adorable, sassy and sexy, sophisticated and refined, modest and simple, edgy and contemporary; the list goes on. While it makes for a difficult defense in the trial of the female mood, it always keeps thing fresh and exciting.

I like the way they feel. Not just the silky smoothness of their skin, (although that is quite lovely), but the way they show you their emotions with absolute certainty. Deep down to the core, a girl will tell you what you did to her alter her existence. While she may be misunderstood, overzealous, and let’s be honest, sometimes just flat out wrong, she has a way of letting you know the world as she sees it from her eyes. The mere thought that a girl is as honest as she knows how to be, can sometimes be enough to get you off on the right foot and keep you on the ground.

I like men…

If a man really likes you, he won’t care how much makeup you have on, how perfect your hair is or that you’ve gained 10 pounds. In my experience, this is exactly what a good “morning after” looks like. He’s going to see the smudged to no makeup, the messy hair and every inch of you and be reminded of the ecstasy you both just shared. Sometimes that even leads to round 2. (And you haven’t had sex until you’ve had it the morning after, the morning after.)

If a man likes you, he will brag about you to all his friends, and even skip a few “boys’ nights out” to be with you. While I wouldn’t expect a night of “I love you more. No, I love you more,” a boy will enjoy cuddling and watching TV, especially if you don’t mind the occasional sports game or action flick. (I find this can sometimes lead to round 3.)

On a serious note: If a man likes you, he will find the perfect balance of respecting your independence and being your knight in shining armor. He values your opinion, considers your advice and proves, just by listening, that you are an important part of his life. What you say matters to him. But if somebody is giving you a hard time, you as a female, have the right to call for back up and let your man handle the situation. It makes them feel rightfully empowered especially if you gave the green light for him to flare his testosterone. ( I may as well point out this sometimes this leads to round 4.)
Now ladies, I realize you may have noticed a running theme of sex throughout our male adoration listing. Let’s face it, many men desire and require this sweet release but it’s every bit reasonable to believe we, as women, have the same cravings for the horizontal rumba. In theory, if both you and your mate enjoy each other mentally and emotionally, then the physical relationship will be mutually yearned for.

It’s the heart and soul of someone who can truly determine if they are compatible with your own. While these are just my observations, the fact of the matter is, that heart and that soul can dwell in any physical body and if you can realize that, you’re a lot closer to finding the person who was made just for you.

© Copyright 2010 EllaBethDaniels (ellabeth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722038-In-The-Gray-Sexuality