*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720973-My-Soul-to-Take
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Romance/Love · #1720973
What if you fell in love with death
My Soul To Take


~Michael~


~Now I lay me down to rest, I pray the lord my soul to keep, for if I should die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take.~


News Headline: Death seems to be taking a toil here in our little town


For the past few weeks, we have had deaths all over the place, grandparents dying, children dying, parents, love ones, and others have all seemed to be falling dead, almost as if death has come up this small valley we live.

Most of these deaths are due to sickness, suicide, and eating disabilities. Some families are in a crisis of what’s been happening and have been moving out. Others believe it’s our turn to have the death spirits come out and kill those who are to go back to the other side, and some have been saying it is an old town curse that just may be a legend come true.

What ever is happening to our small village seems to be doing a great deal of trouble, and not many people are very comfy with it. Parents are complaining their children are having nightmares of deaths, people are saying they can see each other deaths, and some are going around yelling the death spirits are coming for you next.

If there is one thing to say all I can say is death is death.

-Richard Album.

The news was right, death was here alright, but I wasn’t so sure it was death spirits. I just thought people were just going insane and just wanted to die, so they just did. Richard Album seemed to always have interesting topics about our town, and so far all he seemed to have writing about is this death thing that has everyone up in a crisis.

It started out with old people then it got to love ones and so on and so forth. I look at myself in the mirror and see I’m ready for old man Star’s funeral. Mr. Star was a family friend, and I was going to check his funeral out. Mom was making me go since I had nothing else to do and plus all my friends were going as well.

Moms already out the door, and I start the car and pick the others up on the way. The parking lot is full of cars. Guess Mr. Star had a lot of friends, considering he was the mayor’s son, and I hope his wife is okay, wonder if I should comfy his daughter or maybe she already has a boyfriend who knows.

Once inside, there’s a huge crowd of guests walking here and walking there. My friends and I just stand in a corner and I know they’ll all thinking the same thing. Is death really on this town, I mean yeah it seems like it, but there’s much talk about this and that, that its all just a jumble of mess.

“So what do you guys think of this all?” Alice seemed to have broken the silence.

“I just think this town is going insane I mean after the first few deaths within a week we all got spooked and people just went insane.”

“But Micheal, everything got worse and worse. I mean look what happened to Mr. Star, Mrs. Star said she woke up and he wasn’t breathing everyone including the doctor said he’s dead and gone.” Why dose Jenna have to argue with everything I say?

“Yeah well maybe because he finally got the consequences of smoking for most of his teenage years and some of his adulthood.”

“Don’t say that Dark you’re surrounded by people who love him and supported him as the mayor’s son, to much presser may have been on him so who knows he could have overdosed when his wife feels like telling the world then she will.” At least Luke always had the good comments.

“Ok fine guys maybe everyone is just going insane and nobody realizes it.”

Before anyone can say another word we are told to gather around, I take another look out side and see the gray clouds coming, not even the sun has shone its face for a while, maybe it’ll rain like it always dose when it comes to someone’s death that is.

The people who talk always get louder as the storm acts up, Thunder roars through the sky as if a battle between good and evil are happening all over again. But instead of listening to the speaker and the storm I hear sniffs, cries and whispers. But they all soon get blocked out by the thunder.

The thunder gets louder and sounds harder in the sky as if bombs are going off, and guns are frying, almost like a battle filed in the sky itself. Little kids start to scream at the snap of the thunder and I hear mothers hush their children, some people are mumbling prays hoping the death spirits wont take them, and the speak stops speaking, in fact the whole place is quiet when the lights go out, and then almost as if it were account down people start to scream and run around. I stay in my seat and then I hear the preacher yelling as loud as her can but the thunder over powers him but he manages to get people quiet and calm.

As he was about to something, the doors of the church swing wide open and a gust of wind, rain, leaves, and thunder get swept in with it. Everyone is dead silent as they see the two doors shut with a creek, I feel like I’m in a horror movie. I hear foot steps and out of no where the lights come on and in a soaking wet black dress stands a girl.

A girl I have never seen, in fact she hardly looked familiar to anyone, people were looking at each other in blank looks, some boys were whispering about her, but she completely ignored the eyes that were on her, and just sat down in a chair that was near the door.

But the strange thing is, when she walked in and the lights turned on, it’s almost as if the storm dyed down, I couldn’t hear the thunder much any more. It took me a while to notice I was still looking at her, but when I noticed, I say her piercing violet eyes on me, and that look sent shivers down my spine, I turned around slowly, and tried to shake it off, but I fell like her eyes were watching me, but at the same time watching everyone else.

~*~


The rain was poring hard, I stood under my umbrella looking around to see everyone pretty much had black umbrellas, except for one little girl who had a pink one, she stood among the rest, but she didn’t hold my interest long. I snapped back into reality when I herd them playing the trumpet.

I ignored the sad tone as I looked around again; I knew who I was looking for, the girl I had spotted at the church. Something about her was screaming at me, was it her eyes, maybe her smile, her looks (and to me she looked beautiful), or maybe it was just the mystery around her that made me want to get close to her, and be her friend.

My eyes spot her, leaning on the flag pole away from the crowd, I can’t take my eyes off her, but instead of her eyes being violet they seem to be light blue almost baby blue in fact, maybe she has contacts. But I don’t take my eyes off her, she’s soaked to the bone it seems, her black dress all full of wrinkles and her raven black hair curling in the rain I see her smile and simple nods, I soon find myself nodding back at her but my eyes drift from her to see my moms hand on my sleeve pulling me to the car.

“It’s over?”

“Yes it’s over but now we go to the church for lunch and for the family, so we’ll be there for a while.”

As if things couldn’t get any worse. As the people clear, I see the girl walking over to the coffin, people try talking but all I see is her walking to the coffin her hair covering her eyes, but I see a smile across her lips. I stop in my tracks and see her pull a rose, a red rose like no other from her and lay it on the coffin.

Out of all the other flowers that lay there, the rose is the only thing that sticks out to me. It’s the brightest red I have ever seen, it reminds me of blood. I shiver by the look of the rose, but I shiver more when I see she’s gone just like thin air.



© Copyright 2010 Vanilla (vanilla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720973-My-Soul-to-Take