*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711477-The-Hate-Disease-Pt-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Sample · Other · #1711477
Is rage and violence inherent or an epidemic?
“Why did you kill him Eric, why did you kill your stepfather?”  Dr. Talbot leaned his head on his hand and stared across the cold steel mess table at his subject;  Eric Sterzinski, serving a life sentence for bludgeoning his stepfather to death.  Eric did not appear to be remorseful in any way.  Unlike the other ninety percent of Gene Talbot’s patients Eric simply sat in his chair, slacken and accessible. “ He was a fuckin’ dirt bag.”  His answer traveled along a plume of cigarette smoke.  “Oh, how so.”  The question seemed to strike a nerve in the young man in the orange jump suit.  His brow collapsed on itself and his eye’s lids nearly closed.  Before answering he breathed heavily through his nose. “ I’m sure you read the report, you must know my family’s story.  Jesus, what the hell is wrong with you?!”  Eric’s gazed flashed to the rotund negro guard in the corner, but he didn’t seem to notice the small outburst.  The lack of response irritated Eric.  He stared briefly and looked back to Talbot. “ Eric, the purpose of these sessions is to get to the route of your hostility, but you have to at least try to stay calm.”  At this Eric chuckled air through his nostrils. “ There’s no fuckin route doc.  You’re not gonna cure me of this with anger management.  Especially in here.  But hey, I’ll tell you anything you want to know.”  Talbot reclined back with his hands behind his head.  “I suppose that’s fair.  Why don’t you tell me why you think you’re so angry.”  It’s just there, inside me, like uh, like a worm or something…
© Copyright 2010 Joshua A T (bauerguy42 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1711477-The-Hate-Disease-Pt-1