*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1710792-Im-Sorry-3
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1710792
Lucy gets a phone call from the hospital about her grandmother, she was in a coma.
Lily got a phone call ten minutes ago, it was her grandmother, she was sick in a hospital bed, she fell down the stairs and hit her head on the mantle piece. That’s when she slipped into the coma.
Lily was devastated; she didn’t know what to do this had never happened to anyone in her family so she researched it, she went onto Google and researched ‘Coma’. She found out that a person in a coma cannot be awakened, fails to respond normally to pain, light or sound. She sat there staring at the computer screen tears dripping down her thin, pink cheeks.
She thought it would be best to go and see her as it may be her last time she could. So she walked to the coat rack and grabbed her bright yellow rain coat as it was raining.
She left her house and strolled down the lane passing several flower shops, they weren’t bright, they didn’t stand out on the gloomy day so, she continued to walk. Not far from the hospital there she saw a beautiful, brightly colored floral shop. She had to buy some so she took one step inside the shop and the florist new how she felt she could see emotion and death through her eyes, she new roses where the flowers she need for that time in need. She took the roses and put them in a brown basket. Lily walked to the counter and got out her money. She paid and left casually.
The hospital was insight now she walked and walked and walked until she got there. She walked through the revolving doors and entered the hospital. Her Grandmother was the B Wing in bed E4 she remembered for her mother telling her. She wondered over to the lift she pushed the round button and it lit red; the lift was on its way. There was a crowd of people rushing in and out of the lift Lucy just stood there and waited for the commotion to stop. She checked her watch; visiting times weren’t until another fifteen minutes. She new there was a chapel in the hospital. So she wondered around until she found it. She walked inside gracefully; it was beautiful there where pictures of the lady with the baby on the stain glass windows. She liked it there it was cozy and warm from the candle light. She prayed, and prayed for her grandma’s sake. She hoped she would be ok. Ten minutes where up so she left the chapel and she went to find her grandma. She looked at the doors searching for Mrs. Whitfield. She found her room. The door was open, Lucy stood in the door way. She saw her grandma lying there, still as possible. Lucy placed down the basket of roses and sat in the dull leather chair next to her, laid her head on the table and cried, she cried as hard as she could to take away the pain.
© Copyright 2010 chloetina (twinniez6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1710792-Im-Sorry-3