*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1705319-Personal-experience
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1705319
Its about little things of Mother Nature

"Small is beautiful," it is said. I find the small things, we tend to ignore in our day to day life and consider as unimportant, provide us food for thought and thoughts for us to ponder on.

Recently, I happened to observe as to how a 'golden wasp', one of the tiniest flying creatures, you see, sometimes in your garden, trying to build up its abode to lay eggs or to provide a comfortable place for its off springs, on a grill of a window at the back of my home. Many times it flew from the bird-bath that has been in our back yard to an other place in the front yard. By observing further, I realised that the golden wasp wets its mouth at the bird bath and fly to a certain place on the ground where it finds the suitable soil, takes a pinch of that, so that the clay is made to perform its task.Then it flies straight on to the grill and carefully make layers of clay one over the other.

On an other day, I observed a squirrel, toiling hard, running up and down continuously for about five days in order to find the necessary materials to make its nest in a hideous place in a tree. Unfortunately, the half -built nest had been thrown on to the ground by a strong wind and it was amazing to find out the various types of fine fiber drawn from the trees and even some fruits had gone in to it and a layer of cotton wool.

Have you seen a magpie teaching its little one to bathe? Its lovely to watch the mother magpie gets in to the bird bath and getting back to the brim, several times for the little one to see who stands on the brim, fussing.

I cited these little things to remind ourselves as to whether we have ever stopped to think deeply, while we run on our daily routine, the meaning of the little acts, these little creatures perform .The unlimited and unstinting love and concern, we humans show on our children for their welfare and comfort, do explicit in all other living beings too, however tiny they are.

There are innumerable little things we could observe. From where, do these creatures gain knowledge? How do they become conscious of these things? The motherly feeling is universal. It applies to the tiniest creature even in the nature.

© Copyright 2010 Srimathie R.Weerasuriya (vg2288326 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1705319-Personal-experience