*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1689095-Book
Rated: · Bulletin · Other · #1689095
The difficult odds children from the inner-city have to overcome to reach their goals.
Introduction:
In this book I expose some of the personal injustices I have faced in my struggles to achieve my career goals and vindicate wrongs that have occurred in my life.
This autobiography is my personal exploration of this world with a personal in depth view of my life. I take a journey through difficult periods of my life and connect my background with public policy which seeks to maintain a status quo at the expense of citizens, like myself, life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.
I point to this nation’s promise of all having the unalienable right to quest for “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” as a contradiction written by former president, Thomas Jefferson. This nation was built upon this philosophy which announced freedom for all with rights guaranteed to all yet former President Jefferson was a slave owner, rapist and father of bi-racial children he held captured as slaves.
So many like I rarely see the promise of justice for all fulfilled and received by all. I have experienced racism at different times in my life but I did not feel politically oppressed until I finished Law school. I was never viewed as a threat by anyone because I always wanted to have equal rights but once I demanded equal rights it seems like the gates of hell broke loose and all of Satan’s followers were attacking me.
© Copyright 2010 Melodie V Shuler Esq (melodieshuler at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1689095-Book