*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685914-Simple-Silence
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Poetry · Emotional · #1685914
My thoughts on how hard life was after I lost my boyfriend.
I don't feel anything anymore. No pain from the blade that I had very slowly slid across my bare skin, nor any sorrow from when I lost you. There's no happiness driven from distant memories, and no love for any long lost souls. There is nothing but the numb tingling sensation that engulfs my whole body, causing short yet steady trembles upon every movement. You are gone now, forcing every day to pass without a single thought. I have no recollection of the past few days, let alone of the past few minutes. I try to distract my mind with other things - anything- just to keep myself from concentrating solely on you. BUT THE MEMOARY OF YOU! The feel of your fingers grazing over my flesh as you intertwined them within my own; the touch of your lips as you slowly - softly - pressed them to mine; and the gentle warm rush of your breath against my neck as you whispered your never ending love for me.....

YES! I have attempted to pull my every running thought from the near perfectness of you. But my mind is overpowered with thoughts of you, swirling like a whirlpool of energy around nobody else but you with you gone I have experienced a tremendous empty feeling in my chest where my heart ought to be. When you left it was almost as if you had impaled a dagger deep into my chest and pulled it out, extracting my pitiful heart as you did. All thats left is an open wound and every glimpse into what we had is like salt being poured within.

Now that I know your not coming back I have realized my heart is still there, for every breath I take I sense that it gets heavier and heavier. But I cant help noticing that my heart continues to beat for none other than youu.

Now I sit here, pouring this all out onto paper and it dawns on me that I'm all alone. I'm without you.... and I'm lost......
© Copyright 2010 Giggles (giggles6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685914-Simple-Silence