*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680023-Poem-for-English
by Morgan
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Family · #1680023
This is a poem I wrote as an assignment for my english class earlier this year.
When you lose someone you love, someone close to you,
You never fully get over it.
You always feel the loss, pain, love, rage, anguish.
You blame them, yourself, everyone.
You wish to do those few days, hours, moments before they were gone, over again.
You want to tell them all that you never got the chance to.
The chance that will never resurface.
And maybe you didn’t get to tell them, because you were mad, or upset, or just too distracted to have time.
Time to care, listen, pay attention and maybe help.
And that’s part of  the shame, the self-hate, the feelings that aren’t, at first, under your control.
And you list them all off in your head, all the reasons why, it’s all your fault.
You should have said something sooner, should have known, should have been able to save them,
Because they would have tried to save you.
And you list the reasons why, it’s all their fault, and you shouldn’t even be concerned.
They didn’t need to start, they could have stopped, asked for help, loved you enough to stay.
But all the blame doesn’t even matter, because they’re gone, lost to us,
And we have to find our own way.
© Copyright 2010 Morgan (morgan515 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680023-Poem-for-English