*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675234-Sweet-camera-Rose-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kitty
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Relationship · #1675234
part two of the continuum.
I was wandering back and forth each day, to the back garden to check on the caravan but the activity died down. I knew that the best place to find anyone is at the beach since that was the main reason people moved to this place. Well, other than the fact that the area was generally pretty...
Finally giving up on staring at the caravan, I waltzed into the house and put on some beach clothes. It consisted of some black shorts, a pink vest top, some flip flops, several beaded necklaces shoved around my neck and several bracelets shoved onto my arm. Soon enough I skipped out of the house and headed towards the general direction of the beach.
I felt that I was doing pretty well of forgetting about that boy until I spotted him around the entrance of the beach. I felt myself too frightened to pass him but I thought against it and headed there.
As I got close to him, almost brushing past him, I saw at the corner of my eye his head lift up.
"You're that girl that lives in that house..." He muttered. I stopped mid-walk before my head turned in order to listen more.
"I am right..." He coughed slightly before turning his gaze towards me. It seemed harshly unfriendly.
"Hello... my name is Kate... Who are you?" I asked, turning my whole body around to face him.
"Red..." He muttered again. I blinked twice wondering if I heard him right.
"That is my real name, live with it!" He growled with a nasty glare to go with it.
There was something odd about Red. He had short light brown hair, which seemed quite a straightforward monk cut except not as extreme. His eyes were very blue which would seem to settle in the sunlight. He intrigued me due to his feisty personality. It was as if he did not care about what I actually thought, but more interested on what he felt. However, I was unsure about how he was hanging alone at the entrance of the beach.
“Why are you sitting alone?” I asked, walking backwards with every step I take.
“I think that is none of your business…” He growled before turning his head away.
“Okay, suit yourself. I’ll see you around next time” I sighed before turning to head to the beach.
After a while of skipping through the waves and finding seashells. I turned my head towards where Red was meant to be and noticed a gang of people hanging around there. I headed there for curiousity's sakes and found that as I got closer, it was starting to sound like an argument. There was mainly a group of guys who looked like they worked out in the gym daily and two girls who looked like they sprayed orange tan on them daily.
They were all speaking filfth from their mouth. One girl started preaching "you minging little fucker. Speak to me like that? Has your mother taught you manners." Her accent was strong and she was definately the uglier one of the two. She was slightly chubbier than the other, with dyed black hair all straightened and tied back tightly, manicured nails, tracksuit bottoms, a hoody and trainers. The other one had blonde hair and it was also straightened but curled. She was skinnier but also more passive than the other. She also wore silver hoops in her ears.
One guy turned around to see me standing there, eavesdropping into the conversation. He looked at me and gave me a dirty look before snarling "may we help you?"
"Who the fuck are you to listen in to our conversation?" The ugly girl started.
"I'm just trying to get past but it seems you lot are blocking my way." I grumbled before trying to head up.
"Sorry love, it looked like you were eavesdropping." She apologised.
"It's fine..." I sighed, passing them before seeing Red facing them.
"Red?" I hyped slightly, seeing him still being calm and unfriendly. He only turned his head towards me to listen to what I was about to say next. "Do you want to come for a walk?"
All he did was nod and follow leaving the other people behind. They just glared at us both as we walked away from the beach towards the area where we both happened to live.
"Do you have many friends around here?" I asked him as I concentrated on walking.
"Not at all... well..." He hesitated before stopping. I tilted my head towards him to listen more.
"Well, what is it then?" I pestered hoping to know more about him.
"I don't know you well enough, stop asking me stupid questions!" He snapped before going silent.
© Copyright 2010 Kitty (lkhatty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675234-Sweet-camera-Rose-2