*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1670782-The-Wizard-the-Princess-the-Monster
by Ichben
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1670782
A wizard loses his magic.
A wizard is nothing without his magic. He is nothing without his soul. He is a dead man walking, a dead man with no wand. Life is a nightmare for this wizard. His days and nights are like a bad dream, always driving him crazy, always making him cry. The wizard wants to put an end to this nightmare. He wants to turn off the lights and say goodnight. He wants to blow out the candle and say goodbye to world with no magic, a world with no dreams.



Desperation is written all over his face. He drinks himself to sleep at night and smokes to death in the morning because every day to him is an embarrassment. People laugh at him, call him names because he is a wizard with a wand, a wizard who can’t do magic. He can’t do a goddamn thing so they laugh at his pain because to them his pain is funny. His living nightmare amuses them to no end and this makes the wizard mad.



He wants to cause them pain, make them scream, make them suffer and make them cry for mercy, but he knows he can’t do this because he knows has no magic. He has no goddamn wand and he begins to cry again. The wizard with no magic begins to drink himself to death. His mother tells him to stop but he ignores her. His father tells him to quit whining like a little girl and get a job. He ignores him too because he can’t get a job, nobody will hire him because the one thing he was born to do was taken away from him by a terrible monster.



His princess was taken from him and he desperately wants her back. With his true love by his side, his true magic, he feels like a man, he feels like the wizard he once was before the nightmare, before the horrible and bad dreams. When they hold hands he feels like a king. The wand is his princess and the wizard is the King. Life was so much brighter when he was with his wand and his magic, his lady and her hand. They were lover and friends, partners in time forever. But things changed. He never thought his magic could be taken away from him so easily and so coldly.



The man in the mirror, the man behind the glass somehow turned out to be a monster and this monster took his magic away. And every day when the wizard goes to the mirror, to confront this madman, this monster behind the glass, he can’t stand the sight of him. He runs away in horror, falling to the floor in pain, screaming for mercy, begging the gods above for a way out of this misery, this madness, this chaos that troubles his mind all night long. Unable to confront the monster the wizard seeks guidance from somewhere else. He pays a visit to Professor Vicadin and Dr. Provigil asking them what to do, begging them to help him get his magic back, pleading with them to give him the courage to save his princess from this vile and evil monster.



Professor Vicadin and Dr. Provigil tell him what to do. They give him the tools he needs to beat this monster and save the princess, but it doesn’t work and the wizard is heartbroken. The doctor and the professor did not help him at all. The doctor and the professor led him astray and his magic is still gone. His princess is still a long ways from home and the monster is still lurking in the shadows with his princess held captive and his magic locked in a cage.



The nightmare continues to grow in power and strength causing the wizard’s mind to crumble and shake. The beams of his brain are shaking and his tower, his foundation; his life is on the brink of destruction. Slowly but surely insanity is creeping into the nooks and crannies of his mind, causing him chaos and causing him pain, causing him to lose his grip upon reality. The wizard is slipping, falling and he can’t get up because his magic is gone, his princess is a ghost and the monster is becoming more and more terrifying than before. The drinks fog his brain, Dr. Provigil and Professor Vicadin whisper things in his ear, his nagging parents are a pain in his butt, the laughing of the children are a pain in his arse, life is a nightmare, it’s a bad dream it’s…it’s….He blacks out, he sleeps, he dreams.



He is standing on the moon all by his lonesome gazing at the stars. The night is beautiful and the night is young. “There are other worlds than these” says a voice. He turns around and sees a door standing idle in the middle of the moon. On the door there is a number and a picture on the door. The number is “101” and the picture of a picture of a rose. He opens the door and to his delight, he sees the princess. She smiles at him. Her smile is like magic and it warms his heart. She hands him his wand and they hug. “I’ve missed you my love” says the wizard. “I’ve missed you too” says the princess. In the distance there is a tower, a dark tower. There is a man standing at the top of this tower laughing madly “I will stop the motor of the world!!! The tower will fall, the wizard will DIE!!!” he yells.



“Sweetheart you have to go” says the princess.  “I won’t leave without you” he says. “But you must my dear, you must” she says. “But why!?! Don’t you love me?” ask the wizard. “With all my heart my love” says the princess. The dream is over. The wizard returns to reality. He still has no magic, but the dream has given him hope, a vision and a dream.

© Copyright 2010 Ichben (ichben at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1670782-The-Wizard-the-Princess-the-Monster