*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667063-Dont-Do-It
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1667063
This is book of opinions based on my observations of different subjects in life.
                                                    Relationships

    There is something to be said about the power one can hold over another with feelings. Feelings for another person make you do and act in ways that can be construed as taking out of your character. My model for relationships is simple. "The best part of being with someone in getting to know them". Some people don't understand the importance of getting to know someone. That time should be taking very slowly. That is  a magical period where life seems to stop dead in it's track because it feels like it's just you and that person. It can also be a breath of fresh air to be in a totally different world with someone who seems to get you. You think about how the kiss would be and other things. You swap life stories and as old as things may seem, it's always new you you're dating a new person. Be very careful when letting your guard down. If there is anything out of the ordinary that you should know about that person you get your answers in the beginning. I always tell people to pay attention to the signs because the signs are there. If there is anything about that person that clashes with you, you should find it in the beginning. Do not put yourself in a position where you have falling for somewhere, and then the real them come out and you find yourself getting hurt. When getting involved with a person, and I don't care if you are a Man who likes men, a woman who likes woman, or someone who likes the opposite sex. Someone is going to try to become the head of the relationship. If you allow that significant other to control the relationship you have to be ready for anything. When a person knows that you'll do anything they say, they've gotten power over you. When a person knows you'll back down from them you've given them power. That person has free reign to talk to and treat you anyway they feel. Don't give a person power over you. You came into this world alone and you'll live it the same way.
© Copyright 2010 Jeff (jcaldwo3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667063-Dont-Do-It