*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656557-The-World-We-Only-Know
Rated: · Other · Action/Adventure · #1656557
A superbly popular MMORPG has had wierd glitches that have put people in the hospiital.
Aaron Keskar
The World That We Only Know

DisGaia, a large massive multiplayer video game that’s taken the world by storm. Your character in the game is almost like an extension of your own body, you can feel, smell and hear everything around you as if you where actually there. To some people DisGaia is the only world to them, the escape from the bitterness of life. Me? Well I’m not sure where to begin if it’s the world to me or not. To me its more of the people who I play with. Many of my friends in real life can only talk to me via DisGaia.

I play as a Twin swordsman that can use offensive magic, also known as a Twin Mage Blade. I care about the game so much that in fact, I’m actually an Administrator in the game. An Administrator’s job is to stop people who hack into the games software and to keep public order. I’m pretty popular amongst the Players, though I don’t like to brag. Another job of an Administrator is testing out new dungeons before they’re released. I have a lot of fun wit the latter. I’m not here to boast about the Game, or myself no I’m here to tell you a story on how everything went wrong.

It started with a call from the office, asking me to test out a new dungeon, nothing special or out of the ordinary. I logged on just like I always, coffee in hand in case I get tired. I warp to a town area known as Kawa. A town split in half by a peaceful river, along the river was a long string of shops to buy items, weapons, potions and armor. Many people stared at my Character’s black-feathered wings, the indication of an Admin as I passed by. All the sudden I heard a loud, childish, and cheerful voice shouting my name.

“SANADA!” The voice shouted as my character was tackled. “Hi! Where ya goin’?” She asked. It was one of my best friends Mari. Mari is a Friend from grade school who had to move. We kept in contact through this game for about 11 years now through this game.

“Hey Mari” I said. Her character is a half human half Cat, with Cat ears and tail. Her character is classified as a “Brawler” a fighter with tremendous strength and only uses a pair of leather gloves to fight.
“Hey?! Your gonna test out a new dungeon today aren’t ya?” She asked tilting her head, with her animal tail swaying side to side.
“Gossip forums get reliable info somehow” I told her scratching the back of my head.
“Your Character looks a lot like you ya’ know” Mari said, analyzing my character top to bottom. My character and jet black hair that bent upwards as you go back, light skin, Red eyes, and a headband tied to my forehead.
“How would you know? We haven’t seen each other for little over a decade?” I asked her, laughing a little.
“I just imagine you looking more grown up, that’s what I meant to say really, besides, are we going or not?” She asked. She never could stick to one topic really, she as impulsive as her character is strong though.
“I don’t see why not, you usually com whether I say no or not” I said with a sigh.
© Copyright 2010 Aaron P. K. (whynotwritenow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1656557-The-World-We-Only-Know