*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646984-Bite-Me-Excerpt
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Eli M.
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Fantasy · #1646984
This is a small excerpt from the beginning of my story Bite Me.
         I was talking to Lyle when the man entered the bar. He was just shy of six feet and had long blond hair that fell down his back in a tight braid. His face was narrow and sharp; it reminded me of a rat. When I saw his eyes my breath caught in my throat. His pupils were a silver color that contrasted with the gold of his irises.
         The man quickly strode across the room to the bar and began to speak to the bartender Johnathan. After a few terse words Johnathan pointed in my direction. Then he said something apologetically that made the man bear his teeth, fangs clearly visible. The man didn't seem too bothered by it because he stalked over to where Lyle and I were leaning against a wall and grabbed my arm. He started to pull me towards the door to the back alley.
         "Your Backroom is inaccessible." He said accusingly as though it were my fault.
         The man pushed open the door from the warm bar into the cold alley dragging me behind him. I tried to twist out of his grasp but he was too strong. He looked around the alley for signs of life. The place was a pit.
         A small stream of putrid water meandered down the center of the alley giving on an offensive smell. Trash was scattered about the alley at the base of the cracked, graffiti covered walls. The man gave a low grumble of disapproval.
         "This place is a pig sty and your a little too young for my... usual tastes; but it'll have to do, it’s just been too long."
         I gasped as he twisted me around and pushed me up against the wall. It was just like me to end up in situations like this. Dirty alleyways, filthy storage closets, and cheap motels were becoming very familiar.
         He grabbed my chin and kissed me unexpectedly. Ignoring my protest he ran his hands over my body and pressed closer to me. I managed to turn my face away from his unwanted attention but it did nothing to change his course.
         "I’ve seen you around before but I never knew. I never knew but I always wondered about you girl." He growled into my throat “Never thought I would get to find out either!”
         “Bite me.”
         He laughed at that and continued what he was doing, granting my "request". I kept hoping that someone would venture into the alley, attracted by the sounds of my quiet sobbing. It was a vain dream though. We weren’t actually being that loud and even if someone did brave the dark alley they would never help me. I’d just get the looks of pity that people give stray dogs and children who have dropped their ice cream cone on the ground.
         After what seemed like an eternity he finished. He kept me pressed up against the wall for a moment before giving my neck one more kiss. I couldn’t keep myself from shuddering in revulsion and relief as the licked up the last bit of blood from my neck. When he let me go I slumped to the ground.
         “Ha!” He said licking his lips. “You’re a good Donor, you know that? You’ve got good blood.”
         “Shut up.” I said rubbing my neck.
         "You're feisty too. I may have to ask that bartender to buy you if you 'Play Nice'."
         I blushed and jumped to my feet. "I am not for sale! And I... d-don't do that!"
         "What a shame." He said as he left the alley. "Oh well. I may be back. Like I said, you have good blood. Farewell"
         I stood there for a minute in the cold, reluctant to go back into the bar. At least he'd been, mostly, civilized about the Feeding. He also had been kind enough to call me a Donor and not... not a Bleeder. The nice ones weren't so bad but sometimes the mean ones would rip open my entire throat to get at the blood they wanted so much.
         "I have to get out of this place." I said aloud, putting voice to the silent dream I had. "I need a Family."
© Copyright 2010 Eli M. (fetherin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1646984-Bite-Me-Excerpt